When we finally get seated in the car, she speaks to me. 

"I thought you went back to Chicago."

"And I thought you knew there was no escaping me," I chuckle to lighten the moment for her but I don't suppose it helped. 

She glances out the window, knowing I'm staring at her. She makes eye contact with me in the reflection and quickly darts her eyes away. 

"How'd you know?" she asks after a moment of silence, her voice breaking slightly. 

"I know you," I reply.

"You do not," She frowns. "That still doesn't explain why you'd come to the airport."

I unbutton my suit jacket. "I was following you."

She gasps and turn to me wide-eyed. "You were stalking me?"

"No. I was merely keeping tabs on you." 

"By following me!"

"By keeping an eye on you."

"Sure, yeah," She scoffs. A smile makes its way to my lips. She is adorable when she is angry. 

Adorable? Jeez where the fuck did that word come from?

A silence settles over the car, neither of us saying a single word. Ella's gaze is out of the window and mine is on her. Through the reflection in the window, we both make eye contact but she quickly looks away.

The corner of my mouth tilts up. I make my angel nervous. 

Vibration comes from my suit jacket and I take out my phone, Luca's name flashing on the screen. He probably wants to know if I got Ella or not. 

With a sigh, I pick it up. 

"I know you got her, I don't need to ask," He says. 

"Then why'd you call?" I grunt. 

"Why're you all grumpy?" He mocks. 

I do not reply and wait for him to tell me what he called for. Why are siblings so fucking annoying?

"Hello?"

"Say," I growl. 

"Jeez," He mutters. "How long till you reach the Byrne Mansion? Arthur is getting a bit..." He trails off and I hear some disrupt in the background. "Restless."

Fuck's sake. Arthur Byrne loves his sisters more than anything on this goddamn planet. When he got to know about me kidnapping one of his sisters, he almost started a war between the two mafia. 

I'm still not sure on how Ella managed to stop Arthur from killing me to stop the marriage. Ella really is an angel who got everyone wrapped around are beautiful fingers.

"5 minutes." I answer.

"If you were a girl, I would've considered it 30 minutes," He chuckles over his own joke and a grimace takes place on my face. Eventually his laughter dies down. "Okay, you gotta admit, that one was good."

"No." Ella and I express at the same time, making me look at her.

Her eyes widen, a crimson colour coming to her cheeks. Without another word, I cut the call and place the phone back into my jacket. 

In one swift movement, my hands grip her waist perfectly and I pull Ella on my lap, making her yelp and gasp in surprise. The colour in her cheeks deepens, spreading to her ear. 

She keeps her gaze at anything but me, trying to get off my lap and murmuring angrily under her breath. Only words are I can out are 'fuck' and 'bloody' which she may have said a hundred times now.