Nine

Harry gave Draco one of the ugliest looks when he first saw him.

Which Harry first saw Draco in potions class because Draco wasn't in the Great Hall for breakfast.

Draco snickered, knowing exactly what he was disgusted about.

Pansy eyed the two. "Alright, be honest, what's going on?"

Draco raised an eyebrow and turned his attention to Pansy. "What?"

Pansy rolled her eyes and mixed her potion, following the instructions carefully. "You and Harry." She looked at Draco then to Harry. "I'm not stupid. You both haven't been your usual selves to each other."

Draco glared at Pansy. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Pansy laughed. She stopped stirring since the directions said so, and her potion was done. "I have proof too.. I found a crumpled parchment this morning on my walk."

Draco watched Pansy pull out a crumpled up parchment.

"Shall I read it out loud? 'Dear Potter, I just wanted to say that-"

Before Pansy said anything else, Draco snatched the parchment out of her hands.

"... Love, Draco." Pansy finished the last line on the parchment, skipping all the other words.

Draco's face flushed. "I- I did it as a joke!" He snapped.

Pansy barked out a laugh. "Either way, I knew something was up before I found that. That just proved my point."

Draco covered his face. Luckily, he was already done with his potion as well. "I don't like him. I just haven't been as snarky as usual. That's all."

Pansy shook her head. "Sure. I used to date you Draco. I would know how you act. But sure." She smiled.

Draco peered at her through the gaps in his slim fingers. "Whatever."

"Whatever happens Draco, just know I support you. You're still going to be my friend."

Draco slightly smiled. "Thanks Pans."

She kicked him in the leg. "I hate that nickname!"

~~~

"Harry, I think I like Hermione." Ron said as he watched people mess around in the courtyard.

"Random.. But I already knew that, Ron"

Ron looked at Harry, surprised. "Really? Bloody hell, I just now realized I did."

Harry laughed. "Tell her, I think she'd like you back."

Ron smiled. "Thanks Harry. Remember when you got rejected by Cho?"

Harry groaned. "We don't talk about that!"

Ron laughed. "It was funny! She thought you liked Mione!"

Someone snickered behind them.

They both turned around, and it was Draco Malfoy.

"What do you want, Draco?!" Ron glared at him.

"What you going to do, try and cast a spell on me with your wand?" Crabbe and Goyle laughed next to Draco.

Ron's face went red and he clutched his fists.

"All I was doing, was laughing about how you both are still single." Draco smirked.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Last I checked you're also single, Malfoy."

Ron chuckled. "Bet every girl broke up with you because you're so bloody ugly."

Draco narrowed his eyes. "Least I've actually kissed a girl, Weasel!"

Ron swung his arm and tried to punch Draco. But since that was what Draco was going for, Ron missed.

"Shut up Draco!!" Ron hissed.

Harry shook his head. "Let it go, Ron. He's just trying to make you mad."

Draco grinned. "And it worked. Even if a girl wanted you, Weasley, you're too broke to please her."

Before Ron could do anything else, they walked away.

Harry stared at Ron. "Don't listen to him. Hermione won't care if you have money or not."

Ron scoffed. "I hate Malfoys."

Harry shook his head in agreement. "Don't we all?"