"Nico might be mad at you but I'm hurt that you would do such a thing, Sienna." Dimitri cuts the silence bringing me his attention from the side, "have you know idea what me and Don would sacrifice for you?" His words croak, "you must know that being the Pakhans second in command they must give up a life of family and a wife. Don and I have given up that life to be beside our Pahkan. And his wife. We would be devoted to you as well."

What an awful tradition. "I didn't know that."

"Now you know." He mutters, "and the girl Samantha is gone. We released her just moments ago." He says helping me down the creaky stairs and to the door.

At least she is safe. But something tells me this girl might have told them everything that had occurred in the bathroom with little pressure from them. Cazzo.

He knocks twice until somebody finally opens the door. Donovon greets us with a frown, "this way." He gestures behind him.

When we enter with the door closing behind us I see Mr. Riverton strung up from the ceiling, his hands cuffed and stretched up while legs dangling to the floor.

"What's going on?" I ask, shocked.

Nicolai comes out from the dark corner, the light from the low fluorescent lighting makes his features sharp and eery like an illusion.

It most definitely feels like an illusion because my mouth drops to the floor and eyes widen in shell-shock.

He is walking.

Nicolai is walking with a cane in hand.

He must wanted me to eat my own words from earlier even though I didn't mean any of them. Of course I'd marry him even if he couldn't walk. But I had to lie to save ass.

His cane is black with a slight curve on the top. A blood red gem as big as a marble is embedded inside the slight curve. The lighting glints off of it when he appears fully into the light in a black suit standing beside Dr. Rivertons hung battered body.

"The girl wouldn't say much. I got to give it to her, she was closed as a clam. So I had no use in her. I threatened her if she'd ever utter a single word of what occurred today she will be meeting one's knife to the throat." Nicolai explains, his voice monotone.

I can feel the twins standing behind me, "so...why is Dr. Riverton down here?" I ask feeling uneasy.

"You've been not acting yourself in the last hours after visiting Riverton. I put in the pieces as why you broken code and did so carelessly to the point of trying to leave me. It's because of him...right?" The Pakhan accuses with venom in his tone, "what did he tell you?" He demands me.

I shake my head profusely and refusing to answer.

"Now you have no words to speak from that mouth? Then I guess I need to try something else to get you talking."

With stealthy precision Nico whips out a combat knife and nick the side of the therapist cheek which had the Doctor shout into a cloth in his mouth. Blood slowly oozing out the slit and down his jawline.

I plaster unphaseness on my face trying to not show Nico a single hint of my emotions.

That seems to piss him off, so he turns to face the therapist, "you know all my secrets you must've told her them. Or she wouldn't think this way of marrying me."

Rivertons shakes his head and gargles into the gag.

"No! We--talked about my problems not yours. I would never and mean never pry in your life. " I meant every word.

But he doesn't look like he believes me while placing the knife to the man's throat, "give me one reason to not end this man's life then. What were you both talking about?" He prys in MY life.

I given up alot for him and now I see he doesn't much at least care a little of my privacy, or feelings.

"It's nothing really. I confided in him in confidence and what goes on in his office is confidential. " I reason losing every hope that this man will not come out alive.

This is no normal man. He is a nightmare of my worst nightmares.

So I say with finality, "if you kill him. I will never...ever...forgive you."

A slow smile on his face, "you have no idea who I am after all."

"NO!"

The twins grab a hold of both my arms when I try to push through to get to them. To no avail, the twins had me stuck in place.

Watching the knife slowly but surely slit Rivertons throat as he groggily chokes on his own blood. A tear runs down his cheek while looking me in eyes with a lightness to them. As if he forgives me anyway before he limps down lifelssly in the air.

I wail and fall to my knees looking into the monsters eyes. I'm practically hyperventilating and needing air into my lungs when dark blue eyes watch me.

He looks away from me as if seeing something he didn't want to witness.

I've seen him kill many times already but this one struck me. Riverton was literally a safe haven and good and now Nicolai kills him for no good cause.

"I take back my deal." I whisper shout in anger, tears falling down my face. Knowing the deal on my part is a sham in which he will come to find out some day.

"Not your choice now. We are to be married tomorrow.  Twins, see her out." He finalizes.

They both pull me up carefully, "I-I hate you! You will never know a days rest after we marry. I will make your life a living hell!" I promise with conviction laced in my voice.

Tell him Sienna! Tell him you are no Galeon! Burn him.

I can't.

Because right now he may very much kill me. But after we marry he sworn he wouldn't be like his father and hurt his wife. I'll take his word for that.

I can't even look at him as he killed an innocent man in front of me. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Conflicted by not wanting to marry him but feeling my survival instincts needs to marry him for my own survival is greater.

I wonder what will happen when he finds out he won't be getting the shipment company or his revenge on Edmund Galeon after marrying me. I was no blood of his.

"I'm already living in hell." Nico says as his parting words.

The twins say nothing as they assist me up the stairs from the basement, "I want my old room back."

They both stop which has me stopping when they reluctantly look down on me, "it is still being renovated. "

"Then another room. There is like twenty more rooms. Just take me to one of them, please." I plea and withdraw a breath.

I was not sleeping in the same room with Nicolai Stone or ever if I'd have a say in it.

And of course it's my last night of being single. I needed to keep some what a true martial tradition.

I wish I wasn't who I am right now.

Remembering what everyone always told me now rung true.

'You can't marry because of who and the way you are.'

Because deep down, my heart still beats for a monster. Only I will not give it to him this time, he would have to win it if he dares.

Fuck the Galeons and fuck Nicolai.