"So tell me...where is the old bastard hiding...?"

"AGH....!!! FUCK OFF!!!!"

"Ah, continuing to play ignorant...?" He foot sinks even further as he lifts his foot and slams it onto his other hand with full intent to injure him.

"AHHH!!! COUSIN! COUSIN! YOU WOULDN'T LET HIM HURT ME RIGHT?! HE'S GONNA BREAK MY BONES! GET HIM OFF!"

Xie Lian contemplates on the thought as he honestly wasn't too pleased with his presence, but his moral compass had other plans. He steps forward and places his hands to his partner's shoulders.

"San Lang.....let him go...."

He slowly turns his face to glance at Xie Lian.

"He isn't worth all of this....and I don't want you to get into trouble right now. So please...let him go. He won't say anything about this..."

"HAH?!"

Xie Lian glares down at him, "You. Won't. Say. Anything."

Qi Rong swallows his pride and growls, "Fine...!"

San Lang removes both of his feet from his body and steps back. Qi Rong rushes up onto his feet and hurries out the door all while cursing at the top of his voice. 

San Lang turns to Xie Lian with a small frown.

"Gege..."

"San Lang...I understand you want to protect me....but I can't let you do something rash.....even if he told you where he was.....I know that man better than others. He will move faster than you can catch him....and at this moment we don't even know who his identity is. There's no point in rushing to catch something or someone that we don't even fully know who it could be yet. Let's just finish up here and go home. Okay...?"

San Lang gives in as his shoulders sink. He nods silently and looks up to the others who quickly turn away to avoid his gaze. Xie Lian tilts his head forward and plants a small kiss to his forehead. 

"It'll be okay, trust me."

"I do trust you..."

"Good...for now take a seat okay...?" He pulls him by the hand over to a chair and lightly pushes him down to sit. San Lang follows his movements without any objections. Xie Lian turns back to everyone else and continues on with their task. 

San Lang crosses his legs and intertwines his fingers as he rests his hands into the center of his lap. He was quiet now. He had nothing to say, nor did he really want to speak. What he needed to do was think. He needed to think about the identity of his sworn enemy, and the protection he was going to need for his event after this incident. 

'I don't trust any of this.....'

Qi Rong runs far down the street until he spots a familiar face. He pauses and growls as he steps closer  and slams his hand onto a table outside of a cafe.

"Are you FUCKING happy?! I almost got myself choked to death, shoulder almost dislocated and my wrist almost broken..! You better make up for this crap!"

Jun Wu sets down his cup of tea with a small smile.

"Child, you're just too rash in how you approach them. Your cousin isn't so innocent and gentle as he appears anymore you realize that? And his new partner is nothing to sneeze at. He could have easily killed you without a second thought and no one would dare to stop him. Be glad that XianLe had stopped him."

"Hold on how did you—?!"

"Don't you know by now that I also have eyes and ears everywhere?"

Qi Rong stops himself from saying more as he watches his boss lift a single tea cup to his lips. It was like a bubble had encased them so that the only thing he could physically hear was the sound of his heart beat. Not even the sounds of the cup touching the glass plate could be heard as he waits for him to speak.