|| ditto

✎ᝰ┋ditto

genre : slight fluff, friendship
third person pov

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"i want you so, want you. so say it ditto."

jiah took a deep breath as she stopped in her tracks right outside her classroom. she brushed her fingers through her shoulder-length hair, making sure she looked fine, before she entered the ever-so familiar room. another Monday, another school week in another school term. also another school year with her childhood best friend, yang jungwon.

yang jungwon, the heartthrob of the school. the most handsome man on campus. the sweetest, most talented, smartest and most perfect human being in the whole school.

at least, that’s what jiah thought. though, she was right about him being a heartthrob of the school, that is one of the 7 heartthrobs. still, jungwon has held a special place in her heart for as long as she could remember. from being neighbours since the age of 6, to becoming friends at 8, then best friends at 10, all the way till now. right from the start, his alluring visuals and beautiful cat eyes had captivated her heart, and he has just grown more handsome since.

there were many times jiah wanted to confess. but many valentine's day, christmas day, new year’s day, and his birthday had passed, and they still remained as best friends, nothing more and nothing less. obviously, she was scared of being rejected, as well as their friendship falling into shambles.

though this year, it was going to be different.

jiah finally entered the classroom, where she saw jungwon with his head down on the table, evidently sleeping. this wasn’t the norm for yang jungwon, but she did make him stay up late to help her with maths homework, so she couldn’t blame him. she treaded lightly to his seat, taking out a packet of banana milk and a bag of cookies and placing them right in front of him, making sure not to wake him up. then she headed back to her seat which was an aisle away.

many minutes later, the classroom had filled up with the regular classmates, and their homeroom teacher was ready to give the back-to-school speech. jiah turned to stare at jungwon for the 10th time that day, and felt a pang in her chest when she saw him conversing happily with the girl seated in front of him. kim yuna, the goddess of the school. perfect grades, perfect visuals, perfect body and even perfect hair.

jiah turned away quickly before the jealousy ate her up. she knew she had no right to be jealous, but she couldn’t stop the creeping feeling that was about to swallow her whole. the teacher's words turned into a blur as she just looked down at her table, not caring about the world around her.

this continued throughout the first lesson, which was maths. the only time she dared look up from her desk was when the class president went around collecting the holiday homework. the class president, that was jungwon.

jungwon obviously knew something was up with his best friend, but he didn’t bother with her yet. he figured being asked about it in class, where everyone would stare at the two of them, would make her feel embarrassed and add on to her social anxiety. so he resorted to asking her about it during break.

unfortunately for him, the girl had disappeared immediately after the bell rang. it also did not help when yura held onto him to chat, preventing him from chasing after jiah.

"sorry yura, i don't feel like eating with you. also, please respect boundaries." he pried her hand off his arm before running out of the classroom, but jiah was long gone. he sighed and started walking in the direction of his locker, but 6 other boys had grabbed onto him and dragged him the other way.