Chapter 3

Camila's POV

Camila was standing under the water with her eyes shut, allowing the beads to hit and roll down her back. She had already finished washing herself and her hair, and now she was just relaxing under the water. She didn't want to go into the restaurant today, she just wanted to hang out at home. So she was taking her time. She only turned off the water when she heard Lauren yell out that she was leaving for work. She rushed to step out and wrap a towel around herself so she could kiss her wife goodbye. For thirteen years, every time they separated, whether they were leaving for work or class or to go out, they always kissed each other goodbye. So she quickly dried off her feet on the floor rug and shuffled down the stairs still in her towel.

            Her wife saw her rushed appearance and smiled. "I've got to go in early today to sort out some things for the benefit. I'll call you when I get a chance," she said and leaned in to kiss her. Camila used one hand to hold up her towel and put the other around Lauren's neck to pull her closer. Their lips met in a brief kiss before Lauren pulled away to walk out the door. Even though she was in a towel, she stood at the door and watched as Lauren did her cute little shuffle to her car, balancing her mug and bag, and trying not to trip in heels. She was so adorable, Camila thought.

            "I love you!" she shouted from the door and Lauren blew her a kiss before backing out of the driveway and speeding away. She went back inside and headed upstairs to put some clothes on. Since she was staying home, she threw on a comfy pair of Lauren's sweatpants and a plain black t-shirt. She fixed her hair up a bit, since she would be video-chatting with people, and went back downstairs to make herself some breakfast.

            As she finished eating her egg sandwich, she realized she still had a lot of time until Normani was going to start the chat. So she decided to read a little of the book. She read the chapter on silent sex, relating easily to the different pieces of advice and information on it, considering Lauren and her had already done it. She was about to start a new chapter on the importance of good underwear when she got a text from Normani notifying her that their chat was starting in ten minutes. So, she stopped reading and rushed to her wife's closet to find one of those fashionable scarves that she liked to wear. Before she got her laptop, she took one last look in the mirror. From the waist up, she actually looked decent, and not like a sweats-wearing bum who had purple marks all over her body. Nope, no one would ever know.

            The skype ringtone played and she answered, running her fingers through her hair one last time for good measure. The five video bubbles appeared and she waved to the therapist and the other wives...and Louis.

            "Good morning everyone. Welcome to our first girls chat." Camila laughed when Louis cleared his throat and waved his hand sarcastically. "Louis, for all intents and purposes, you're one of the ladies. Sorry, but it's true."

            He gasped and held his hand over his chest like he was hurt. When the girls laughed at him, he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Fine. But just so you know, I'm the prettiest one here."

            Camila and Celine burst out laughing. Ariana snapped her finger and made a circular motion with her hand. "Fight me, bitch," she said trying to stay serious, but eventually she gave in to the laughter as well.

            Normani had to clap her hands loudly to get them to stop. "Girls! Girls! You're all pretty! Can we get back to our session now?" Camila composed herself and apologized quietly for being so loud.

            "Good, now tell me how your assignments from yesterday went. Celine, you can go first."

            "It was really fun actually. I got some edible paint from the art shop and we spent the night painting each other and then...taking off the paint," she said, saying the last part almost like a question.