-Kind of. I am in the sparring club so we practice every day around this time.

-Oh I see."

I didn't really know what to say and gave him his bottle back. He really wanted to talk to me. I could see it but I had no idea what to say and only knew how to run away. But as I was ready to leave he called me. I frowned:

"How do you know my name?"

He smiled scratching his head again:

"Who doesn't?"

I shrugged:

"Fair enough. And what is yours?

-My name is Jeronim."

It took me a few seconds but I remembered and raised my eyebrows:

"You are Alastair's friend!"

Jeronim scoffed. He used to follow Alastair around but was way too shy even as a child and I never talked to him.

"I thought you didn't remember me.

-Are you still planning to become the prince's knight?

-I would be honored.

-Then good luck."

And I left. Jeronim seemed nice but I didn't have time for Alastair's friends. If he became his knight he would always be by his side and I wasn't planning on being that close to the prince. Too bad. I thought he was nice. I quickly forgot about all this Jeronim problem and went back to my everyday life. There were two girls in my class who were really nice: Azore and Iris. Iris was the girl who I sat next to on the first day and Azore was the one in the first row. I spent more and more time with them and immediately introduced Orange to them too. Iris was really talkative during class which was really awkward because I hated talking during classes and was very uncomfortable but she was so nice that I didn't dare say anything and thought all of this was the excitement of the beginning.

It seemed I wasn't the only one being bothered because after class Astéria stood up and walked up to our table. Everyone went silent and stared at her shaking. Iris lost all her colors and her hands were quavering like crazy. I would have been in the same state if Astéria had been staring at me that way. It seemed like she would tear her head off any second.

"Stop talking during class."

Iris forgot how to speak English for a second and only nodded. Astéria walked away and didn't say anything more. She had a hard time walking for the rest of the day and only started talking during noon when all four of us were eating together. I quickly explained what happened to Orange because she wasn't in our class:

"And then she left."

Orange didn't care at all which made me smile. Iris was literally traumatized and Azore felt really bad for her.

"It looked like she was going to kill me."

Azore rubbed Iris' shoulder:

"She is not a criminal.

-I saw it in her eyes."

I didn't have anything to say to that but could see that Orange didn't like this topic so I decided to help:

"She wouldn't hurt you. She came up to you and told you about what was bothering her. That is very mature of her. Mature people don't attack others, don't worry."

Orange looked up at me with a weird smile.

"I don't know... Her eyes were... I never want to see that again. What if she turns up in my room? I would die from her just staring at me like that."

I couldn't help laughing and quickly covered my mouth:

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make fun of you but I just imagined it and it looked funny."

Iris fortunately started laughing too:

"You're right. I'm just imagining things. I will soon get over it.

-We could do something together so you would think about something else."

Azore's suggestion seemed to really please Iris.

"Why not! We could talk and eat sweets. What do you think about going to a tea shop?"

My eyes lit up. I loved tea shops. So we went there and talked for hours. I really had a great time with the girls and Iris forgot about Astéria for a few hours. She could sleep just well that night but still froze up whenever she crossed Astéria. Therefore when we would run into her, Iris would hide behind me. I couldn't help the awkward laugh when Astéria saw Iris hide behind me but got very surprised when I saw her smile at me. Was I dreaming? Did I ever see the female lead smile? I frowned but didn't have time to ask because Astéria continued walking.

Poor Iris wasn't at the end of her worries because during sparring she found herself paired up with Astéria. I was against Azore but the poor girl didn't put up a fight at all. Iris wasn't better off and soon the teacher noticed that adjustments needed to be made. Being the two strongest students, I found myself against Astéria. She was even taller from up close and I needed a second to wake up from my torpor. I knew that she was terrifying but she was just gorgeous.

I knew that Astéria was a fierce swordswoman and I was kind of stressed at the idea of going up against her. There was a reason why her name meant the one who sparkled. In the first book she got made fun of for it but it just suited her perfectly. She glowed no matter what she did. She was just perfect. I knew I was strong too and I knew I could put up a fight. I strengthened my hold around my sword and took on a striking pose. Astéria did the same but for some reason I didn't feel any danger emanating from her. It didn't seem like she would attack me at all. And in fact when the teacher told us to attack I was the only one moving. Astéria never attacked me and only defended herself against my strikes. I thought it was weird and didn't know what to think about it. She didn't have any problem attacking the others. Iris almost died when she struck a few seconds before.

I was so confused that I even stopped attacking and tilted my head. For some reason this made Astéria smile. She seemed way more nice than I thought:

"Why aren't you attacking?

-I am sorry."

I was even more confused. Did she just apologize? This reminded me of the dreams I had with her in them. In the first book even when she acted all nice and fragile, she never apologized. She only said she was dumb or not strong enough but she never apologized. I stopped thinking about it and we went back to training, this time Astéria attacking me too. As expected, sparring against her was the hardest thing I ever did but I did put up a very good fight and almost won once. I was rather proud of myself and smiled:

"Thank you for this training.

-Thank you too."

I extended her hand just like after every match but she just stared at it at first. I immediately drew it back:

"Sorry. I guess you don't like being touched."

But Astéria didn't give me time because she caught my hand and shook it with a serious look. I jumped because her reflexes were out of this world and couldn't help tilting my head. Astéria did the same as if hypnotized and this immediately woke me up. I thanked her again and walked away as quickly as possible.