1

I look at my clock, and it's seven in the morning. I have one more hour to prepare and make myself presentable on my first day.

I just put my hair into a high ponytail and make my face more natural looking. I just hide those imperfections on my skin and put a little color on my eyelids, cheeks, and lips.

Today, I wore a pastel blue chiffon blouse with a cute little bow and I paired it with a gray pencil skirt. I'm just going to wear a small heel since I'm tall enough, and it's honestly more comfortable to wear.

I felt some fur rubbing on my legs, so I looked down and saw Lily. She grew up a little compared to the first time I saw her. And her fur got thicker too.

"Hello, Lily." I went to her food bowl and fill it with cat food. I would be away for a long time, so this would be good.

After giving her some pets, I went back to my vanity and continue to what I'm doing.

I grab my earrings from my jewelry box and wear it, same with my watch. I already organized my handbag last night, so I'll just put my phone and keys inside.

I took a peek on my clock and I need to go before I get so late on my first day. I wore my ID because if not, I won't be definitely getting in.

"Goodbye, Lily!" I heard her respond with a meow, and she is lying comfortably on her cat tower.

I quickly unplugged all of my appliances and turned off the lights before locking my door. I grab a taxi and thankfully, there is one right away. I told him the name of the company which is named JK Inc.

They have so many hotels, lands in the city, and they're one of the most influential and powerful company in the construction industry. So, it's really an honor for me to work here as a secretary of the president.

I promise to myself that I will never mess anything up and do my best.

--

When I stepped inside the building, my mouth parted when I saw all the workers are busy walking around the place. Some are chatting while drinking coffee, and some of them carrying a bunch of files and having a phone call.

I proceeded to the elevator while looking around the place. The place was just black and white. The ambiance was really formal, but it is aesthetically pleasing in the eyes. I clicked the last floor where the president's office is and just wait for me to arrive.

When the door opens, I can feel my legs shaking. I suddenly get nervous. I breathed in and try to calm myself before exhaling it slowly. Before it closes, I swiftly run out from the elevator that makes me bumped into someone.

"Ouch." I heard someone mumbled.

"Oh my- I apologize." I stated in panic as I bowed 90 degrees.

Argh! Really Lisa? On your first day?

"It's fine. Be careful next time. By the way, it's my first time seeing you here. Are you the new secretary?" she asked.

"Yes, I am. I'm really sorry." I bowed once again, but she just smiles sweetly.

"No worries. The president has not yet arrived. You can wait for him at the lounge area, and I'll just tell him that you're now here." I bowed to thanked her for her kindness before we separate ways.

I did what she said and sat down on the couch. I looked at my watch, and I'm 5 minutes early. Wow, that's new. I'm early for an appointment for once.

"Sir, your secretary is waiting for you at the lounge area." I quickly stand up from the couch when I heard that and carefully fixed my hair. I shook my hand to ease my nervousness aside and take a deep breath.

"Ms. Manoban." I flinched a little, and I saw the woman earlier.

"Yes?"

"The president is already waiting inside his office. He's now waiting for you. Fighting!" I smiled when I heard that small encouragement word from her. She might be a stranger, but that helped a lot.

"Thank you," she just smiled and get back to her post.

I walked towards his office and gently knock three times on the door.

"Come in," I exhale a large amount of air before opening the door.

"Good morning, sir- Jungkook?" my eyes widened and can't believe that I'm seeing him sitting on the president's chair.

Is he the president?

He glanced at me with a frown and when he saw me, shock is a little evident on his face. Like he didn't expect to see me at all. I am also shocked too! But that didn't last long and quickly replaced by a frown.

"Good morning. Take a sit," I was still confused and baffled, but I did what he told me and sat down in front of his table.

"I guess you already know my rules, right? Get the schedule from Mrs. Kim and give me an update. You may go." He coldly stated. I bit my lower lip when he sounded so cold.

What happened?

I want to talk to him and ask how is he. Did he already forget about me? He's my first kiss though, so how can I forget about him?

"Okay, sir." I stand up from my chair and slightly bowed at him before walking out from his office. I did what he asked and asked for the copy of his schedules, so I can relay it to him.

Why is he acting like that?

I don't know, but I'm really annoyed on how he treated me. I knocked on his door first, and when I heard his cue, I opened the door and entered his office. He looks so different.

"Updates."

"You have a meeting one hour from now with the LCS company..." I read all of his schedule for today, and it's hella packed!

He didn't say anything and just continue reading the folder his holding. I cleared my throat to caught his attention, and I successfully did.

"Thank you. You may go," I pouted a little, but I did what he asks for. I went out from his office and kick the door. He annoys me! How he treated and talked to me annoys me!

I knew it! He's a playboy.

I went to my table and switched on the computer to do work. I'll just work my butt off and forget that fvcking playboy.

--

While I was typing something on my computer, I heard something beep, and it was from a box that looks like a speaker. What should I do? And what the hell is that?

"The president is looking for you whenever that thing beeps." Someone said, and it's just a worker who just passed by.

"Oh, thank you." I said with a smile and stand up from my chair to go to his office. When I went into his office, his face is frowning again.

Did I do something wrong to make him mad at me? Every time he wants me inside his office, he is always frowning at me like I did something awful.

"I'm already late on my lunch meeting and this is your fault. You should be there to remind me always of my schedule!" He fixed his tie aggressively until his tie was crooked. Tsk, he didn't even know how to fix his tie.

"Sorry, sir." I just said and rolled my eyes a little when he was not looking.

I saw him struggling with his tie, and he is now annoyed by it. I want to help him, but I won't do it until he asked me for a help. I don't care if he struggles, hmp!

"Aish." I heard him cursed under his breath, while I continue to pretend that I don't care a single bit.

"C-Can you..." I smirked because of that and play dumb.

"Can I what, sir?" I asked innocently. He looked at me with an 'are-you-dumb' look, but I just shrugged. I don't know what he is talking about. I heard him sighed and untie his crooked tie that is on his neck.

"Can you fix my tie?" he finally asked. I smiled victoriously and walk closer to him.

He gave me his tie when I stopped in my tracks in front of him. I grabbed the tie from him and began to fix it.

Thankfully, I can't see his face while doing it because I need to look up to do so. He is so much taller than me. I gulped when I can feel his intense stare while I'm fixing his tie. I felt nervous and quickly finish my job.

"Done, sir." I stated without looking at him. I was about to step back, but I was shocked when he suddenly pulled my waist closer to him. I looked at him with wide eyes, and my hand automatically rested on his shoulders.

"W-What are you doing?" I mumbled. He looks at me with no emotions in his eyes. I don't know what he is thinking either. I slightly pushed his shoulder so that I can let go of his grip, but he didn't let me.

He's too strong.. plus his shoulders are like a rock.

"Give me your phone." I gulped when I saw him staring at my lips while spitting those words. I looked away as I cleared my throat.

"I-It's on my table. I'll just get it, sir." I was about to move, but he tightens his grip on my waist and spoke.

"Don't you dare move." I looked at him and his gaze met mine. I want to read what's on his mind, but I can't. He is just intensely gazing at me.

He let me go and walk closer to his table.

"Bring all of Ms. Manoban's things inside my office... including her table." my lips parted and confusedly looked at him. What will he do with my things?

Someone knocked on the door and Jungkook opened it for them. They all bowed at him before walking in with my things, including my table.

"Just put it there." He pointed out the corner that is a little close to his table. They obliged and put the table down to where Jungkook wants it to be.

When they all left the room, he looked at me again and raised a brow at me. I tilted my head in confusion, and I just heard him sigh.

"Your phone." Why does he need my phone so bad?

I walk up to my table and grab the phone inside my bag. I flinched when he is now already in front of me as I turn around. I handed him my phone, and he just grab it from me. He opened it and I saw how he smirked and chuckled sarcastically.

I tried to take a peek on what he is doing, and he is just typing something on my phone. After a sec, he gave it back to me. I pursed my lips when I saw his number on my phone.

It can't be... Is he really waiting for my call that time?

"Now, you don't have any reason not to call me, Ms. Manoban." I looked at him and he is slightly pouting his lips. I stifle my laugh that causes him to frown.

Where's the serious and rude Jeon a while ago?

"What's funny?" he asked with a scowl. I cleared my throat to stop myself from laughing and pursed my lips. I looked down on his shoes because I might laugh again if I looked at him.

"I didn't call you because I lose your card." I finally stated.

"Really? Or are you just making up some excuses?" I shook my head as I look up to meet his gaze.

"It's the truth. It's your fault for not putting in your card properly." I mumbled. I rolled my eyes a little as I looked away. Why it is now my fault? And he is being rude to me a while ago. I'll never forget that.

"What?" I shook my head and sign him that it's nothing. Wow, what an unexpected twist. We just met at a bar, and now he is my boss.

We really did meet in a different place, and different situation we don't expect.