Zeke only stared at him with cold eyes.

Kuchel pursued her lips, staring at the Jaegers. She heard about the issue between Grisha and Dina.

Apparently, Grisha cheated on Dina with Carla who was a servant at the Jaeger mansion. Things didn't end well between Dina and Grisha, and Grisha does not have a good relationship with his eldest son.

"Duchess Ackerman, Dr. Jaeger."

Dina politely bowed to Kuchel and Grisha.

She has to pay respect, since the two have more power than her who's only a teacher, and a divorced woman. Even when she came from a noble family, or from a family who were once royals, she's still lower.

"Lady Dina, you're looking good. What brought you here in the imperial palace?" Kuchel smiled at the blonde woman.

"I was invited by her ladyship's personal tutor to teach Lady Y/n." Dina answered.

Kuchel nodded. She glanced at Carla who became silent, and now is looking guilty.

Grisha on the other hand is more focused on his son. "Zeke, how have you been? I sent a letter to you last week. You haven't responded yet." The brunette-man spoke.

Zeke sighed. "I apologize, I was busy studying for my test at the academy."

His father smiled a bit as his dad nodded.

"I'm glad you're focusing on your studies. Keep it up. I'll be there to attend once you graduate and earn a position in the imperial government. The emperor will surely grant you a high position."

Zeke looked at his mother, his brows furrowed seeing the longing look on his mother's face while staring at his father.

Grisha isn't even sparing a glance at Dina.

"Mom, we should go." Zeke said.

"R-right...Alaina and Lady Y/n must be waiting already." Dina said with a forced smile plastered on her lips. The blonde woman then looked at the four in front of them. "Please excuse us, we have to go."

"Of course, have a nice day, Lady Dina." Kuchel said.

Dina and Zeke then left.

Kuchel watched as Carla followed Dina with her vision, looking very guilty and disappointed at herself. Family issues...

"Tch..." Kuchel clicked her tongue.

She continued on her way, not saying anything. Karl immediately followed her.

"Was it just me or there was a hard tension earlier?" Karl mumbled.

"Don't worry. I felt it, too. Dr. Jaeger is at fault for that tension." Kuchel whispered.

Karl let out a chuckle.

His cousin is just so straight forward sometimes.

--

The large door to the throne room opened, and the guards announced his majesty's arrival.

Everyone bowed as Erwin walked down the red carpet going to his throne.

"Please raise your heads, everyone."

His majesty's loyal subjects faced him, all of them looking proper as they should be.

"I thank all of you for giving your precious time to attend this assembly. The reason for this called meeting is for an announcement I'm about to make." The emperor spoke.

Erwin stared at his loyal subjects.

"My and Lady Y/n's  wedding date has already been set, as well as her coronation."