최준 1

Choi Joon

Blood,

People's painful screams,

Dead bodies,

Not to mention the debris created because of the explosion.

What could get worst?

"ABEOJIIIII!"

The ten years old girl screaming as her father was getting his throat slashed right in front of her. Her mother covered the girl's mouth shut so that nobody notices both of them hiding inside a cart.

Not a nice sight for a young girl......

She needed to save her family. Her father was no more to protect them. Her mother was injured so she could barely walk.

What could she even do?

But that's when she recalled her father's words,

"We need to protect our loved ones, even if it means to lose ourselves"

That's what her father actually did.

But now it was her chance...

To protect her loved ones....

Her mother..........

She got away from her mother leaving her in the cart and gripped a sword which was in her dead father's hand covered in his blood. She stood in front of the cart for shielding her mother from those assassins.

"HOW DARE YOU KILL MY FATHER!"

.
.
.
.
.

And that 10 years old girl was me. My name was Lim Aejeong, which means love. Since my childhood, my life was filled with love till this happened.

I lost my father.

I lost my mother.

I lost my home.

I lost my identity.

I lost my everything.

Someone saved me.

It was the so called Crown Prince of Goryeo who took me with him.

"From today onwards you will be Choi Joon, Choi Jimong's niece"

That day onwards I started to live inside the palace at Choi Jimong's place as his niece. But the palace was totally a different world. Nobody actually accepted me. Being a girl, having no parents made me a outcast.

But there was this Princess called Raon.

Just like her name, she was the only happy virus inside the palace. The cruelty inside the palace couldn't pollute her kind heart.

I got close to her.

Only her.

I grew up learning martial arts because I didn't wanted to be looked down at just because of my gender.

I needed power.

Ask me why?

I remembered my parents dying. After doing some interrogating I found out that it was not just some assassins attacking the villagers.

I was sure some big names were involved in this matter.

I impressed the King with my skills and showed my loyalty towards him. And after working for years under the Crown Prince, I was promoted as the Head of Department of Justice.

I started to pull strings and found out about the attack. That's when I found out it was Queen Yoo. She killed my parents.

But why?

I needed to ask her because she was the only one who knew about it. Because everyone who was involved in this were no more in this world.

But that didn't matter. Nothing could be an excuse after taking life of so many people.

I was plotting a revenge for my parents death. Everything was going fine.

But then this girl appeared out of nowhere.

Kang Jihyun was her name.

The one who made me fall in love with her.