작은 아씨들

|Little women|

I was looking at the jade ring Yo had given me on our wedding day. That was the only thing remaining with me. I had to sell my ornaments in order to get a place to stay. The money was enough for us to open a small restaurant in the small village which was still a part of Goryeo but really far away from the capital. Thanks to Haewon's great cooking skills we won't have any problem in making some money.

It's been few days since we got here. The people here were kind enough to help us putting their suspicion aside. I knew everyone was curious about us but they never actually asked us about anything until now.

"What do you think you both Little women are doing here?"

Was that person a thug?

I knew things like these were going to happen so I made sure to take a permission letter from the Royal inspector of the area. As soon as I showed it to that guy he stopped shouting and left the shop.

I rolled my eyes.

"Haewon, go and prepare the kitchen. I'll take care here," I pushed Haewon inside ignoring her whining about me being her agasshi and I should not work which I definitely ignored.

Soon the restuarant was starting to get filled with the customers. After a while I asked Haewon to take a break as I took her duty in the kitchen.

Everything was going fine but then I noticed Haewon running towards me with a tensed expression on her face.

"What's wrong?"

"Agasshi, I saw some royal guards coming here. I think they found out about us,"

"Haewon, calm down. Take this ring and go to home to pick Eunbyeol up if something goes wrong," I handed her the jade ring Yo gave me.

"What about you, agasshi?"

"I don't think they will recognise me. But if they do then take Eunbyeol, okay?"

"Bu-"

"Haewon, please do as I say", I pleaded.

Haewon finally gave me a nod.

I exited the kitchen and saw the guards taking a seat on the dining table.

They are here to eat.

I sighed in relief.

"What would you like to have?"

"Two servings of noodles,"

I wrote down the order and turned around to tell Haewon the order.

"Wait-"

I stopped when I heard one of the guard's voice.

Don't tell me they recognise me!

"Yes?"