Chapter 16

"If You Leave Me Now" - Charlie Puth ft. Boyz II Men

"Este Corazon" - RBD
(for my Spanish speakers)

"You know, I'm pretty sure I've a dream just like this." Nat says, not really caring about the position we have her in. I'm straddling her legs, holding her body down while Wanda pins her hands to the bed. If anyone walked in this would be a very awkward thing to explain.

But it's Nat's fault for telling two competitive women she could easily take on both of us.

And despite my inability to admit it to her, I'm sure she can.

When we woke up I told the girls about the talk I had with Steve. They were very supportive and reassuring, telling me again and again that I did the right thing. I thought maybe I should have waited a little more, given us both some time to calm down. But Nat and Wanda told me it was for the best this way. Our emotions were still fresh and raw, and it's what we needed to get the most honest answers.

Once I felt more reassured, the girls tried to get my mind off things, which led to the conversation in which Nat insulted mine and Wanda's fighting skills by saying she could take us both on.

And that is how I ended up on top of her with Wanda holding her hands down.

A knock on the door stops us before we take this too far and make a mess of Nat's room. Suddenly Nat pulls on her hands, causing Wanda to fall forward and ram right into me. We're a mess of squeals as we all fumble on the bed, and I struggle to untangle myself as another knock hits the door.

"This is not over Romanoff." I say finally getting off the bed and rushing towards the door.

I open it and find my very confused and slightly annoyed father on the other side.

"What the hell are you guys doing in there?" Tony asks.

"Threesome." I say, as casually as if he were asking me what the weather was like.

Tony rolls his eyes, and I can see it on his face, he regrets asking. "I need to talk to you kid." he says, and the seriousness in his tone makes me worry.

I look back towards the girls, and they give me a small nod, almost knowing I'm going to need a minute. I fully step out of the room, closing the door behind me.

"What's going on?" I ask, my mind racing through the million things he could want to talk to me about.

"I've been thinking about what you told me yesterday," Tony says, and it only narrows down the possible topic slightly. "About asking Thor to take Loki back to Asgard." he clarifies. 

Oh.

I forgot that I had brought that up to Tony yesterday as we drove back from dinner with Pepper. And it definitely wasn't what I expected him to want to talk about. I thought it was going to have to do with Steve.

"Is that still something you want?" Tony asks, seeing the uncertainty on my face.

So much has changed between Loki and me. A lot of hope that I had for him is gone. I made myself believe he actually wanted the freedom I was trying to help it get. And that's on me, because he kept telling me why he really stayed. He didn't listen when I told him I wanted to be with Steve, and I didn't listen when he told me he had every intention of winning me back.

I take back what I said yesterday, I don't hate him. I'm just a little disappointed in him...in both of us.

But I give Tony a small nod, because I do think it's still for the best.