Chapter 11

"exile" - Taylor Swift ft. Bon Iver

Once we're ready Nat, Wanda and I leave my room and head down towards the banquet hall. Nat is making phone calls to Tony to make sure they're ready considering this was put together in such short notice, and it makes me feel guilty again about the mix-up of my birth date. I didn't want everything to feel rushed. Honestly they could have waited the extra three months to do this and I would have been fine with it.

"Stay here." Nat says, as she steps in front of me, stopping a good distance from the entrance. "I'll come back for you." She and Wanda head forward slipping in through the door without opening it all the way so I can't see inside.

I take in a nervous breath, preparing myself for what's to come when I hear a voice talking nearby. I step further into the room and see someone leaning against a wall with his back to me as he talks on the phone.

"No, I understand. Don't feel pressured. I just–"

Steve's words cut off when his eyes meet mine, his phone nearly falling out of his hand as he slowly looks down, taking in my entire outfit. "F-fuck.." he stutters out, and I can't help but chuckle at knowing whoever is on the other end just heard that.  His gaze is glued to me, and I can briefly see it in his eyes when he realizes the other person is still talking to him.

"Yeah, okay just let me know." he says before hanging up, although I'm pretty sure he didn't actually hear what was said to him. He starts coming towards me, his eyes still going over every inch of me as he gets closer.

"Hey, is everything–"

He cuts my words as his hands cup my cheeks and his mouth slams onto mine. And it's the second time he's done this to me today.

Not that I'm complaining.

His lips move against mine, hard and hungry as his tongue slips in, tasting me as if he's been starved. His hands come down to my waist as he pulls our bodies closer together, and I can feel him semi-hard in his slacks.

His hands start to slide down towards my hips and the second he touches my bare skin I hear him hiss in a breath. "Fucking hell Mia are you shitting me right now." he groans as his fingers start to slip in between the slit of my dress until his entire hand can press against my upper thigh.

"Do you like the dress?" I whisper, grazing my lips against his.

He kisses me again, this time a little more gently before pulling away as his eyes lock onto mine. "You're so beautiful." he whispers, and I feel my cheeks heats up as I drop my gaze down. "Don't," he says as his finger tucks under my chin and he brings my eyes back to him. "Don't look away ashamed like it's not true. You're perfect, and I'm the luckiest guy in the world."

I can't help but smile as I slide my hands up his chest and grab onto his tie, which is so conveniently matching my dress, and pull him back to my lips. I put my arms around his neck as he wraps his around my waist.

"I can't wait to take this off of you tonight." he groans, barely giving himself a chance to speak before devouring me again.

"You don't even have to take it off." I whisper breathlessly, pushing my leg out so my dress opens up at the slit. "I have easy access for you."

Steve looks down at my bare leg and I see his jaw tighten as he runs his bottom lip through his teeth. Suddenly his hand comes up and wraps around my throat, tilting my head back as he leans in to whisper in my ear. "See the problem with that is..." He puts his hand along my thigh before sliding it towards my center. "This is out for everyone to see." He grits through his teeth, and I can hear the jealousy dripping from his words.