Chapter 3

"Hello" - Adele

I can feel the warm sunlight hitting my skin before I even get my eyes open. It takes me a moment to register where I am, until I feel a hand slide across my stomach.

Oh. That's right.

Steve.

I'm home.

I turn my head and see him lying on his stomach next to me, eyes still closed but I can see him starting to wake up. His eyes open up a fraction of the way, but once he sees me a huge smile comes over his face.

"If this is a dream, don't wake me up." he mumbles and then puts his hand on my waist and pulls me closer. He shifts over and on top of me, situating himself in between my legs as he rests his head on my chest.

I let out a soft chuckle as I bring my hands up and hold him to me, caressing his head and pushing his hair back. "You dreamt about waking up next to me?" I ask.

"Every night you were gone." he whispers, then presses a gentle kiss to the top of my breast before laying his head down again.

I continue to run my fingers through his hair, knowing he missed me just as much as I missed him.

"I haven't had that good of a night's sleep in three months." I say.

I can feel Steve smile against my skin. "That's because I wore you out last night." he says, and then lifts his head so he can look at me. "Which no one else better have done while you were gone." he teases.

"Hmmm?" I say, looking at as I'm thinking. I start mumbling random names of agents over there, and fake scenarios, all while Steve glares at me. "There was that one time with Jack." I say, bringing up a name he's already heard about.

Suddenly I feel a pinch on my side causing me to yelp.

"Was last night not enough of a punishment?" he asks as he crawls a little father up my body, leaning down towards my neck.

"Are you kidding?" I say, "As far as punishments go you definitely held back." But my last word turns into a breath as Steve starts to run his lips along my neck. My hands come up to his back, running my fingers along his muscles as he continues to kiss and suck my skin, tasting it as if it were some sweet dessert.

"Steve." I pant with a needy moan. It's the same way I always say his name when I want more from him.

"Already?" he chuckles, as if he wasn't teasing me on purpose. "Aren't you a little sore from last night?" he asks, a cocky tone in his voice.

"Yeah." I reply. "You wanna kiss it and make it better."

He lets out a hearty laugh as he moves up so that we're face to face. "God I love you." he says before leaning down and pressing his lips against mine. I slide my hands into his hair, pulling him down to me, feeling like I can't get enough of him, like I'll never get enough of him.

Suddenly we hear my phone go off, interrupting what would have been a great morning. I turn to attempt to look at the screen but Steve puts his hand on my neck and uses his finger to turn my head so that he can continue kissing me. I smile against his lips, deciding that whatever it is can wait.

My phone finally stops, but then Steve's starts ringing immediately after. I try to turn again but Steve still has a grip on my throat and his hands start to wander between my legs. I have every intention of letting him keep going, until I hear my phone go off again.

Ok, something's wrong.

"Steve." I say, only this time it's not out of desire, but concern.