Love Has No Limits

A/N: So, for those of you who didn't read 'Enough for her' and 'happier', please do! This oneshot is a continuation and you'll want to have read them to fully understand what's happening in this one. Thank you to marina19x for the idea and for all of you for supporting me in my writing!

"Mommy?" Felice asked, walking around the apartment trying to find her Mommy. "Mike? Chase?"

It took Felice a few weeks to adjust to living with Maya, her brothers, and Florence, but she loved every moment of it. It was different than living with her Mama and with Gabriela, who was only living with them because they worked together a lot at the hospital.

She and her brothers only got closer. Mike was excited to have a little sister to care for and Chase loved having someone who loved playing with cars and trains just as much as him. Maya's heart warmed when she watched them all playing together and she wished that it would always be like this.

A few months after Felice joined their little family, Maya wanted to take the next step with Florence. She took the kids out for dinner and ice cream while Florence worked the night shift, and asked them if they would be okay with Maya marrying Florence. Mike and Chase immediately agreed with the idea, having been around Florence for almost two years already. Felice was a little more hesitant but ultimately decided that she enjoyed the idea of Florence joining their family.

So, Maya took her three children to the jewelry store to pick out a ring. They spent an hour in the store until Felice finally found a ring that she thought Florence, and Maya, would like. Maya loved the ring; it was simple, just like she wanted.

"Cosa c'è che non va, Felice (What's wrong, Felice)?" Maya asked as she walked into the living room, finding the five-year-old standing there, holding her bear. "Non vado da nessuna parte (I'm not going anywhere)."

Felice nodded, running to hug Maya, who graciously accepted and placed a kiss on her daughter's forehead. She knew that Felice was dealing with some separation anxiety since Carina had left her on Maya's doorstep, saying that it was Felice's idea. She later told Maya that it was not her idea, but solely her Mama's.

Maya was puzzled, not knowing the full reason why she now had custody over her daughter, but she was not going to complain about it. She loved having her daughter with her, being able to grow up with her older brothers, and forming a special bond with Maya.

They had gotten a lot closer over the past year, and Felice trusted Maya more than anyone else. While having Felice did warm Maya's heart, all she could think about was Carina. Why would she willingly give up her daughter? She loved kids and wanted them way more than Maya did in the beginning. What could have prompted her to do something like that?

"Honey, I'm home!"

Mike and Chase instantly ran to Florence, who smiled and hugged them tightly. Maya came with Felice on her hip a few minutes later and kissed Florence.

"How was your day?"

Maya smiled, knowing exactly what she and the kids did while Florence was at work. "It was good. We went shopping and ate some ice cream. Dinner's in the oven and the boys were just finishing their homework that's due tomorrow."

"Sounds perfect," Florence said. "How's the little bambina?"

"Sto bene, Flo. Solo un po' triste oggi (I'm okay, Flo. Just a little sad today)," Felice said, breaking Maya's heart in two. She knew how much Felice was suffering during this time, but she just did not know how much.

Florence sighed, smiling softly at Felice before picking her up and holding her close to her. Maya smiled as she watched her girlfriend and daughter interact with each other. She was happy that they'd formed such a close bond, especially since Felice needed two steady moms in her life and she still couldn't understand why Carina had abandoned their daughter like that.