|18| The jealousy

Depuis le début

"You always bake at 8 am?" Again, an unpredictable woman.

"Not really, is just that I couldn't sleep." She keeps on mixing the chocolate.

Maybe it wasn't just me who spent the night overthinking.

"Me neither, perfect excuse to make coffee." Going to the expresso machine I search for some coffee capsules. "Caramel of latte?" I ask her showing her the two options left.

"Which one do you prefer?"

"Caramel."

"Then I will have the caramel." She smirks.

"Really?" I shake my head smiling in disbelief. "How nice of you."

"We can't always get what we want." She shrugs her shoulders still smiling.

"Fine, whatever, you can have the caramel today. I'm feeling generous." I put the capsule in and get some mugs.

"Thank you, you are such a gentleman." She jokes laughing to herself.

"Oh, I'm far from a gentleman, believe me." I can't stop myself from saying those words and neither the smirk coming right after.

Stepping over the damn line again and it's been less than a day. Since when am I this bad at controlling what I say? I have to get a hold of myself for the love of god.

"Don't worry I never thought you were." She jokes and I'm thankful she doesn't seem to give what I said much importance.

"Ouch." I move my hand to my chest. "That hurts."

"You will get over it." She keeps working on the chocolate pastries and I finish up with the coffee.

Placing both our mugs over the kitchen table I turn to her. "I was thinking, could you call Hunter to see if he is free today?"

"Yeah sure but why? Is something wrong?" Now the chocolate doesn't matter and all her attention is on me.

"Everything is fine don't worry, is just that my muscles are pretty sore and he talked about how he had to teach us the massages so today sounds like the perfect day," I explain.

"I will call him after breakfast to see if he is available. Does it hurt a lot? I can try to ease up some tension if you want." Now she is worried, I should have waited.

"It's okay, my legs are a little better today is just my lower back and arms." She seemed to be pretty affected by my back scars the other day and I don't want to put her in an uncomfortable situation.

"Are you sure? I don't mind and you will feel better." She tries again, the worry not leaving her eyes.

"Let's see if Hunter is available if not you can do it." I try to act as naturally as possible.

"Okay, sounds good." Her smile comes back. "They are ready, I hope you like them." She places the chocolate puffs on the table.

"They look delicious." I take one and eat in one bite.

"Good?" She takes one for herself.