018

december 1st, 2022

the bengals have been on a roll since november, they haven't lost a game since the browns and are taking on the chiefs on sunday.

"sam, you gotta be careful not to hold." lou said, he was trying to show sam exactly how to avoid holding penalties. "marley, can you help me explain this please?"

marley took trey's place for the rep. lou told him where to put his arm on her shoulder. "okay, run that, that's looking better." lou said.

sam took that differently than lou had meant, he ran the rep right now, pushing marley to the floor.

he didn't use a lot of force, but one, marley wasn't wearing pads or anything, and two, she wasn't trey or lou, and three, she also wasn't prepared.

marley's ankle had a sudden shock of pain. she most likely bruised it. "marley, i'm so sorry." sam said bending down to the floor.

"you're definitely going to get past some linemen with that one." marley said reaching for her ankle.

"marley, are you ok?" lou asked. "do we need to get the cart?"

"i'll be fine, i think i bruised it. i need some help up though." marley said. lou grabbed one hand and sam grabbed the other.

she threw her arms around either of their shoulders. "this hurts a lot worse than i thought it would." she said.

"we'll take you to get checked out." lou said.

"what happened here?" zach asked jogging over.

"marley was standing in for a rep, and sam kind of went a little to hard and pushed her to the ground." lou said. "we'll be back, just taking her to get checked out."

they made their way to the training room, where the trainers checked out her ankle. "you sprained it, but if you keep it elevated, you should be good to go by saturday." he said.

"okay, thank you." marley said. sam and lou helped back to the field where she sat waiting for practice to be over.

"i'm so sorry, marley." sam said as he was helping her to her car. "i really didn't mean to, i'm so sorry."

"sam, it's okay." marley said. "i'll be fine by saturday, and if only hurts if i put pressure on it."

"i'll stop by later to make sure you're okay, call
me if you need anything ok? keep it elevated as much as you can." sam said.

"okay, i will." marley said planting a kiss on his lips before getting in the car. "i love you."

"i love you too." sam said. she could tell he still felt sorry.

marley drove home and grabbed a bag of frozen peas out of the freezer, she grabbed a hand towel and sat down on the couch, where she would be for a while.

a little while later, while she was rewatching the notebook, sam walked through the door. she gave him a key about a month ago.

"how are you feeling?" he asked placing a kiss on her head.

"okay," marley said. "immobile." she stated.

"i can twist my ankle so that we can stay on the couch all day together." sam suggested.

"no, absolutely not." marley said shaking her head while laughing.

"well," sam said grabbing something from the side of the couch. "to make it up to you, i shall serenade you with a marvelous song."

"what song?" marley asked intently.

"you'll see." he said. he started strumming chords on the guitar.

"i've tried playin it cool." he sang, it was one thing by one direction, marley's favorite song by the "18-month hiatus" band that hasn't gotten back from said hiatus. "but when i'm lookin at you."

a smile was present on marley's face, the acoustic version of this song was truly heartwarming.

"i can't ever be brave, cause you make my heart race." he sang. "shot me out of the sky, you're my kryptonite."

"you keep making me weak," he sang. "yeah, frozen and can't breathe."

"something's gotta give now, cause i'm dying just to make you see, that i need here with me now. cause you've got that one thing." he sang.

"so get out, get out, get out of my head, and fall into my arms instead. i don't, i don't, don't know what it is. but i need that one thing, and you've got that one thing." he sang. the song fit perfectly with his voice.

"what'd you think?" sam asked setting his guitar down.

"i loved it." marley replied.

"do you forgive me now?" sam asked.

"i was never mad at you in the first place, sam. it was an accident, it's fine. i'll be good by saturday." marley said.

• • •

marley and sam finished watching the notebook together. "ally doesn't deserve noah." sam stated.

"i agree, noah legit was devoted to her and she still dated another guy but went back to noah like he was a backup plan." marley said.

"don't ally me please." sam said.

"i won't, i promise." marley replied with a laugh, that was a pretty funny thing for him to ask. she noticed his expression, which didn't look like he was joking.

"what made you think i would do that?" marley asked.

sam shrugged his shoulders. "maybe because i'm not jamar or joe or something." he mumbled, marley heard him perfectly.

"sam, i love you very much. and i only love you, ok?" marley said. "you're amazing, and i wouldn't trade you in for the world."

"i love you." marley said.

"i love you too." sam replied, she snuggled up under his shoulder.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

by the time this goes up it's probably going to be off-season, writing this 1/20/23

not off season, it's the 24th lol