015

october 22nd, 2022

"so, how are you?" olivia asked, she invited the three girls over to hang out.

"i'm good," marley said. "busy coaching but i love it, how are you guys?"

"i'm good, i was wondering i could get your advice on something." gracie asked nervously.

"yeah, of course, what is it?" marley asked.

"evan, he's been, sort of down the last couple of days." gracie said. "he just, wishes the season was going better."

"joe's been feeling the same way, he feels like it's all on him. 3-3 isn't even that bad." olivia stated.

"hayden too." brooke added. "he just wishes he could be doing more, i just don't know how to comfort him."

marley didn't know what to say, she's never had a talk with sam like this before so she didn't really know what to say.

"what do you think we should do?" gracie asked.

"well," marley said, then she sighed. "you should keep telling them that they are doing their best, let them know that you're proud of them even if they don't ask."

"do you have a boyfriend, mar?" olivia asked.

marley didn't know how to respond. she didn't know if she should tell them or not.

"if you do, i hope it's sam." brooke said. "we all saw the way he was looking at you at karaoke night."

"yes, he is head over heels for you. we can all see it." gracie said.

that made marley smile inside. although she knew that sam was hers and she was his, it was still comforting to hear something like that from someone else's perspective.

"i don't think he is." marley said rolling her eyes with a playful smile. "we work together, that's insane." back to the same old excuse.

"okay, well let's watch a movie." gracie suggested. "we should watch the notebook." she added.

"i love that movie." olivia said. "i'm down if you guys are."

"i'm good with it, i love it." brooke said.

"i've never seen the notebook." marley said shrugging her shoulders.

"you'll love it i promise." olivia said putting it on.

• • •

"i want someone to unconditional love me like noah loves ally." marley said wiping her eyes. "i, wow. that was such an amazing movie."

"it is one of my favorites." olivia said. "ally lowkey doesn't deserve noah. he loves her so he built a house for her, waited for her to be ready for him, wrote a letter to her for 365 days in a row. like that's commitment."

"i think old-timey love is better than it is now. back then was so much better." gracie said. "now, they're like 'sup babygurl, let's go back to your place'." she said imitating a male voice.

"gracie, evan is so sweet to you." olivia said. "you have no room to talk."

"i think all of your partners are very sweet to you." marley said.

"have they ever talked to you about us?" brooke asked.

"yeah," marley laughed. "loads of times."

"what did they say?" olivia asked, intrigued.

"one time, joe asked what to get a girl when they are on their period." marley said. "another time, evan made me teach him how to paint nails, i had to send him a youtube tutorial."

"hayden, he asked me how to ask a girl out on a date." marley said. "they all really love you guys."

a smile was present on each of the girls faces. at this moment, marley was very much thinking about wether to tell them about sam.

"can i tell you guys a secret that you can't tell literally anyone?" marley asked.

"it will stay right here in this room." olivia said, the girls nodded.

"sam and i are dating." marley said.

"i knew it! i knew it! i knew it!" gracie said celebrating. "i knew it, the way he looks at you, there was no denying it."

"i'm happy for you guys." brooke said. "how long have you guys been together?"

"since the middle of september." marley said, it's already been over a month.

"well," olivia said. "are you gonna tell us about him or what?"

marley was kind of excited. she's been having to keep all of this to herself and now she didn't have to anymore.

"we sing together sometimes, he brings over his guitar or we sit at my piano." marley said.

"that is so sweet." gracie said. "i am happy for you too."

"thank you guys." marley said. "i've been keeping this in for a while, feels nice to share it with someone."

"you can talk to us about anything, you're our friend, we are yours." brooke confirmed with a warm smile.

"one of these days, we should have a girls day. go to lunch, go shopping, the whole thing." olivia suggested.

"we should, that would be great." marley said.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

sorry, this chapter was kind of short