001

september 11th, 2022

marley brown is currently on her second year of being a assistant coach for the cincinnati bengals. her and zach taylor, the head coach, work together.

despite their age difference, they were pretty good friends. marley helped a lot with practices and game days.

she is currently getting ready for the first game of the season. this game is the quarterback, joe burrow's first game back after he tore his acl last season.

now, the bengals are 100% underdogs in most of the games they have, considering they have a pretty strong losing record but marley has a feeling this year will be different.

she put on a bengals tee shirt and some black leggings. she put on her bengals hat, grabbed her duffel and headed out for the day.

the bengals would be taking on the vikings at home, in cincinnati. the team was in great shape during practice but the o-line could still use a bit of work.

once she got to the stadium, she swiped her keycard and went in. she arrived before the player like she usually does.

she went into her office, put her duffel bag away and went to zach's office to see if he needed anything.

"do you need help with anything?" marley asked peaking her head into the room. his office was a little bit bigger than hers.

"no, thanks mar." zach said. "actually did you know if any of the guys got here yet?"

"no, not yet." marley replied. the game was at 1, it was currently 9:30 in the morning.

"uh," zach said checking his watch. "okay, they should be getting here in about an hour or so."

marley left zach's office, and waited near the locker room for the guys to arrive. joe was first, he usually is.

"nobody else here yet?" joe asked marley. he was wearing purple pants and a t-shirt. he had stuff squeezed into his pockets, although he is carrying a backpack.

"nope, you're the first." marley said. "you usually are."

after the bengals upset last year to the rams in the superbowl, the team was been working very hard to get there again. they aren't coming to make it to the playoffs, they are coming to win it all.

after coming a singular throw short of winning that trophy, everyone has been working together on improving themselves.

the front office drafted a couple of people, they got a new tight end, hayden hurst, c.j. uzomah parted ways and went to the jets.

they also got la'el collins, an undrafted free agent, dax hill, a rookie out of michigan. cam taylor-britt, a rookie out of nebraska.

marley works a evenly with offense, defense and special teams when she coaches, mainly, she has been working on the o-line and defense.

she could tell that defense was going to be electric this year, specifically germaine pratt and defensive ends, sam hubbard and trey hendrickson.

over the past year, marley may or may not have developed some feelings for the defensive end, his name is not trey hendrickson by the way.

eventually, most of the team has arrived already, marley greeting each one before they walked into the locker room.

sam was last today, so she hid behind the corner to scare him. she always messed with sam like this, it's just how they were.

once sam got close enough, she jumped out from the corner. "boo." the raven haired girl said. she definitely scared him.

"jesus christ." sam said, "i almost had a heart attack."