013

october 15th, 2022

the bengals lost to the ravens last week, which had marley screaming at her tv the entire time.

she is able to go back to work tomorrow, but technically, she couldn't because she would have to leave cinci today to make it to new orleans and zach wouldn't let her off leave a day early.

the past 2 weeks of her life have been like this.

sundays: wake up, eat, watch football, eat, watch more football, eat again, play piano, read, go to sleep.

mondays: wake up, eat, read, play piano, eat, watch tv, sam comes over to eat dinner, read, watch football, go to sleep.

tuesdays thru fridays: wake up, text sam, eat, clean, read, play piano, eat again, watch tv, eat again, go to sleep. the only difference is that on thursday, she would watch football.

saturdays: the same as sunday, except no football and sam comes over all day.

now, maybe all this relaxing was good for her, but it was getting very boring.

today, marley was writing a song. she had gotten so bored, this is what she has resorted to. she was just messing around, but then she came up with something.

she completely finished writing it, but this is the first time she has actually sat down to sing it all.

"i don't want it." she sang. "and i don't want to want you. but in my dreams i seem to be more honest. and i must admit you've been in quite a few." marley sang. she liked how it was sounding so far.

"halley's comet comes around more than i do. you're all it takes for me to break a promise, silly me to fall in love with you." marley sang. a smile was present on her face.

"i haven't slept since sunday midnight for me is three am for you." marley sang. she wrote this song, but it didn't completely relate to her life.

"but my sleepless nights are better, with you that they could ever be alone. ooh-ooh-ooh." she sang.

"i was good at feelin nothing but now i'm hopeless. what a drag to love you like i do." she sang.

"i've been loved before but right now in this moment, i feel more and more like i was made for you." she sang. it was a short song, but she really liked it. the title was halley's comet.

she hasn't showed it to anyone yet, she's only saved it to her voice recording.

for some reason, she didn't want to. she was beyond nervous and it's not like she was going to pursue music.

it was saturday so marley waited around for sam to come over. "hi." sam said walking in.

"you brought your guitar?" marley asked, noticing he was carrying it.

"aren't we starting a band?" sam asked.

"i was just joking, but you can't start a band with two people." marley said.

"i have an idea." sam said pulling out his phone.

"i wrote a song." marley blurted out. if she wanted anyone to hear it, it would be sam.

"can i hear it?" he asked, his face lit up.

"yeah, sure." marley said walking over to her piano. "i've never played it for anyone before, i'm kind of nervous."

"don't be nervous, it's going to be great, i can already tell." sam said.

marley played it for him. she was nervous at first but got more comfortable as she went along.

marley finished. "what did you think?" marley asked nervously.

"i loved it, it's amazing. it's the best song i've ever heard." sam said.

"thank you." marley said. they heard a knock at the door.

"my recruitments are here." sam said getting up to get the door. marley followed him, interested in who it was.

"are you being serious?" marley asked, she was presented with jamar and tee at the front door.

"what can i say, we have some great pipes." jamar
said walking in. "rizz isn't my only specialty."

"how many times to i have to tell you, you don't have that great of rizz." marley said shaking her head.

"what songs are we wippin out today." tee said.

"i don't know, what's the point of this anyway." marley asked.

"we can be a cover band, we'll crush karaoke night." tee said.

"let's go out on a limb here," sam said. "goodbye by billie eilish?"

"do you want me to cry?" jamar asked wiping fake tears.

"let's go for it." tee said shrugging his shoulders. "the harmonies might sound cool."

they sang the song, which sounded great. but if they were practicing for karaoke, that wouldn't be the best song.

"we should do an upbeat song or something." tee suggested.

"sometimes sad songs are better, like i love the feeling of my heart being ripped in half." jamar said.

"you ok dude?" sam asked.

"yeah." jamar said. "we should sing the night we met."

"that's like top tier heartbreak right there."tee said.

"i don't know," marley said "i don't feel like crying right now."

they sang a couple more songs, since karaoke night was this friday, they wanted to be ready and shock everyone.

it was an annual party that they had, and it was always at joe's house.

whoever won would get $50, which wasn't a lot but they all were competitive people, so bragging rights were more important.

everyone let loose, just had fun maybe this was the time marley could make some friends.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

karaoke party is the next chapter, which i'm very excited to write