Mistaken Normality

Magsimula sa umpisa

  I had learned early on, in the very few days that I actually attended school in the past week that Cedric, Emmett, Rowena, and Lena were somewhat... I don't know, famous? The whole school and town seemed to know them, I mean - for Cedric it was understandable. He was Mayor Kaspar's son and therefore obligated to be known all throughout Luna Falls. The other three were what confused me. Both Lena and Emmett were kind of the keep-to-themselves type of people, very introverted and although Lena can seem somewhat bubbly like when I first met her she was so not a people person. Rowena was kind of understandable, being the extrovert she was I didn't think she had to work very hard to make friends. But still, at school she kind of kept to herself and our little group. Never straying to far from the five of us.

  It was almost like the rest of the school didn't exist in their eyes, although Cedric had his fan girls and Lena and Rowena had their fair share of admirers. The whole population of Luna Falls seemed nonexistent and it was beginning to rub off on me too.

  I had become so immersed in my magic lessons that I found myself forgetting that I still had school work to do. I mean, in every book, movie, TV Show, or comic book the characters leading a double life like... Peter Parker for example. Peter Parker was an honor roll student, photographer, and not to mention Spiderman. How the hell did he keep up with his school work let alone remember a teachers name?

  Like right now, as my history teacher was giving a lesson about the second world war I couldn't remember for the life of me what the heck this guys name was.

  Mister Gillies? Grant?

  But then again, how could I even think about schoolwork when my life's like this? In the next month I could be dead for all I know, when The Brotherhood make their surprise and deadly visit how am I expected to know when the French Revolution was fought? Or what the square root of 256 is? It makes it seem less then impossible.

  "Miss... Wolfe," A voice suddenly spoke up, ripping through my endless thoughts to pull me back to the reality.

  My head immediately snapped up to see that my whatever-his-name is teacher was looking right at me expectantly, as if he had just asked me a question.

  "Sorry?" I squeaked, blushing profusely when I noticed the whole class staring at me. "I uh... didn't quite catch that."

  "The attack on Pearl Harbor, Miss Wolfe." The teacher said. "What day and in what year?"

  Immediately I clammed up, crap I didn't know we were talking about that! "Okay, think Bella" I thought silently to myself. "You saw the movie, it stars Ben Affleck after all surely they said the date in it..."

  "December 7th 1941," A voice beside me suddenly spoke up in the midst of my silence.

  My head instantly snapped to my right where I saw Cedric smirking up at my unnamed history teacher.

"The attack occurred December 7th 1941," He said.

  My history teacher in return gave Cedric a hard and disapproving look. "Thank you, Miss Wolfe."

  "Not a problem." Cedric grinned.

  When my teacher turned his back to us, to write the date up on the board my eyes locked with Cedric and mouthed a quick "Thank you," before opening my notebook and beginning to take notes.

  But my concentration in the lesson didn't last very long, because not sixty seconds later did a note land on my desk.

  I proceeded to look to the right of me where Rowena was trying hard not to look at me, giving herself away completely. But I still opened it and instead it read,

  Marcus is picking you up after school, going to the Mausoleum U in the woods.

-R

  In all the excitement from the past few days, the old U of Mausoleums located far in Greenmore Forest had completely slipped my mind.

  The thought of it was enough to give me shivers, the marble floor-like thing that the Mausoleums were all placed around determined how long we had until The Brotherhood arrived in town. There was a reason I had blocked it out of my head, it was because I was terrified to look at it.

  What if we arrived today and the Sun and Moon that was designed on the marble were now showing an eclipse? What if they were overlapping one another? I knew they were coming, I knew that it was only a matter of time before The Brotherhood actually did come but... I didn't want to know just yet. I wanted to look over to Rowena and ask why, but I felt like I already knew the answer.

  After reading about Ancestral magic and Spirit Magic, I knew that the best way to connect with witches who had past on was to be near their crypt and as creepy and bloody terrifying that was to be near a bunch of dead witches remains... I knew this had to be done. If I wanted to learn Spirit Magic then this would be the cost, being near a bunch of dead bodies in the catacombs under Luna Falls... okay I'm not helping myself.

A/N

Alright so I know that wasn't the most exciting of chapters but I felt like it was good enough. Next chapter you'll be seeing some action, magic, and maybe a little romance??? Comment down below on who you think Bella will end up having a few sparks fly with also I'm thinking of having a bit of a contest in this book - next chapter will have more info but I'm feeling just a bit generous :p stay tuned for more my lovelies.

xoxo