Javier's Journal pt 1

Start from the beginning

"Today is the day they left," said Dolores, making Camilo's eyes widen. "Oh," face palming at his blunt nature.

"You didn't know. Besides we're all trying to get through this together," Angelina said, trying to cheer up her mischievous primo. "All of us, we're determined to find them no matter what. But right now, we need to help Miguel," she said and everyone smiled in hope.

At the boarding house stoop, Luna is watching a toy ship. She is bummed because today is Miguel's parents' anniversary. It's a tough time for everyone. Especially since they have to explain it to visiting relatives. Her classmates came by.

"Hey, Luuuluuuu!"

Gerald: "Come on, man, we're all heading to Dinoland!"

Helga: "It's half-price day!"

Chavo: "Yeah, and they finally fixed the Tyrannoscare-us Rex roller coaster! We're all getting in line!"

Everyone except Luna cheers.

Luna: "No thanks."

(The gang is surprised by what Luna said)

"What?"

"But it's a half-price day! What are you waiting for? Four-eyes-get-in-free day?"

"I think I'm gonna hang out at home today. Have fun, you guys."

"Huh, well, you're a barrel of laughs. Okay, fine, loser. Be that way. Come on, let's get to Dinoland before the ride breaks down again!"

"So long, Lu-ser!"

(Everyone except Gerald leaves)

"Hey, Lu, are you okay?"

"Yeah..."

"You sure?"

"Well, it's just that today is the anniversary of Miguel's parents leaving... and never returning."

"I'm sorry, Luna. Hey, never mind what those guys said. They're just goofin', they don't know what's going on with you."

"I know. It's just that... I wanna be here with my family today, that's all."

"You sure you don't want company?"

"No thanks," she assured. "Go on, Gerald. Have fun at Dinoland. Ride one for me, okay?"

"Okay. Catch you later, Luna."

After Gerald leaves, Helga somehow left the gang and hides behind a car "Ohh, Luna, how could I mock you, on the saddest of anniversaries? How I long to recant my cruel words. Oh, your poor, parentless cousin, waiting for something that cannot be. As you keep your silent vigil, I shall stand by you, never abandoning you." The car moves, "Whoa!" The car speeds away, making her fall into the mud. She gets up to see Luna looking at her and sticks her tongue out at Luna.

~Sunset Arms boarding house Rooftop~

Luna flies a toy plane and shows Miguel, Antonio, Layla, and Gabriela how to fly it. Afterward, they all stepped back inside Zano's room and looked at pictures of their parents. This made them unhappy, so they all stepped outside to sit on the stoop. Miguel saw a happy kid with his parents. After the happy family left Miguel gets angry and walks upstairs. All the kids followed him to see what was wrong.

In the process of marching to his room, he passes by the adults. Angelina and Ignácio look worried while Miguel takes everything off his bulletin board and Ignácio comes upstairs to his room.

"Hey, buddy. What's going on?" He asked worried about his upset nephew.

"I'm packing up my parents' stuff," Miguel said adding more stuff.