iii. wannabe nancy drew

chapter three. wannabe nancy drew.

        WHEN BIANCA WAS IN her mandatory therapy session following a month into her mother's disappearance, her therapist-a woman in her thirties, Dr. Cristina Rudolph, had commented on a change that she had been recording since the day they first met. In beginning of attending therapy, Bianca would have replied how disturbing she had found the action, not overly pleased with the fact that someone, a complete stranger at that, had been able to obtain a read on her. However, after having been put through their session long enough, she had garnered the fact that this was simply a knack that most therapist had gained over years and years, patient to patient.

        What Dr. Rudolph had noticed was, when compared to their first meeting, not only had the young Amorettee been selectively communicative about her life following her mother's disappearance but also seemed to hold a new outlook on life. She had deducted it as a response to the traumatic experience of not only her mother's disappearance, but the reaction following, and concluded that, as a response, Bianca was more likely to deduce the worst in people, even upon a single meeting. It didn't matter what anyone had told her, if Bianca had felt a shift in the atmosphere surrounding the person in front of her, a sudden urge to discover every detail about them until there was no stone left unturned would present itself.

       Dr. Rudolph had said, as a defense mechanism had been built through the constant mistrust of others. To protect herself from any future harm, she found every flaw that she could until the preceived threat was no more. Sometimes to her benefit. Sometimes, a possibility presented to her during one session, to her detriment. And perhaps she had a point, with her psychoanalysis, but that didn't necessarily mean that Bianca was wrong. Adding into the superstition brought on by her newly discovered witch abilities, most of the time the teen had been proven right.

      Bianca didn't take Dr. Rudolph's words to heart.

      However, even with her knowing intuition, Bianca was smart enough to know that to build any case you first needed plausible evidence, especially when those around you didn't see the same things you did.

      Antonio had commented on the way that she had frozen in response to crossing paths with new kid, noting that she had seemed almost startled by him and was locked in a state of panic. Bianca laughed it off, deflecting it with the notion of a fake dream that had kept her up at night and the boy just so happened to appear. The Lockwood boy had contested to the lie, but Bianca had a feeling that it wouldn't last long if she kept lying so poorly.

      Dr. Rudolph would be proud.

      While the need for her particular set of evidence would be difficult to gather, as no one in their right mind would believe the notion of vampires, let alone any supernatural creatures existing in real life, Bianca was a patient young woman and knew that even the smallest details could lead to something bigger.