Chapter 46: You Were Never Her Father!

Whitney Houston's POV

January 5, 1998

1:20 PM

Left alone in the recording studio with the phone in my hand, I cut to the chase and said to my deadbeat ex-husband,

"What the hell do you want Bobby?"

Bobby responded, "Baby, I–"

I immediately stopped him in his tracks as I said,

"Nuh-uh! I'm not your baby! Just get on with whatever you have to say so I can end this damn phone call!"

Bobby sighed in frustration and said,

"Fine. Listen, I need to talk to you and explain what happened at the movie premiere-"

I snapped, "Explain what? How you tried to kidnap my daughter? How you scarred her for life? Do you have any idea of the shit that you done caused, Bobby?! We had to get Michaela counseling because of your dumbass! My poor baby woke up with panic attacks every night, and she's still having nightmares, thinking that you're gonna sneak into her room and take her away! Do you have any idea what that's like? Watching your child suffer because of someone else's selfish actions? No wait! Of course you wouldn't! Because the only thing you seem to give a damn about are your whores and booze rather than your own children!"

Bobby responded, "Whitney! I'm sorry for what's going on with yours and Mike's kid, but this wasn't even about Michaela!"

I demanded, "Then what was it about, Bobby? Was it about money? Did Clive put you up to this? Tell me right now! Did Clive promise you money for kidnapping my daughter!"

Bobby responded, "No! Clive didn't put me up to anything! He had nothing to do with this and I wasn't trying to grab Michaela. That was an accident!"

I fired back, "An accident?! How in the fuck do you 'accidentally' grab someone else's child?"

Bobby snapped as he further explained, "I wasn't trying to grab Michaela! I WAS TRYING TO GET BOBBI KRISTINA!"

Wow... So my initial thoughts were correct. Or so he says. Going back and forth as to why Bobby would go and pull the stunt that he did, I've been starting to take heed of Michael's words. By the time we hired Leolah, Bobby barely had a pot to piss in and was using all of his time and attention on his whores, drugs and booze.

Hell, we almost ended up firing Leolah because we thought she was in cahoots with Bobby in trying to take Bobbi Kristina or Michaela! But after investigating through her phone calls and emails, as well as looking at the security footage of Neverland, we were able to see that Leolah had neither anything to do with Bobby's plan or had any contact with him since she's been hired as our children's nanny.

The last time I've heard about him, he had lost the deed to his house and was living in whatever hotel rooms he could afford as his family has pretty much cut all ties with him. The idea of him trying to kidnap and take out one of our children in exchange of getting a big pay-out from Clive that would take care of all his debts, is something that I seriously wouldn't put past Bobby in doing.