Chapter 2: Just Start From The Beginning

Whitney's POV

December 11, 1993

I had just landed in the Dominican Republic, and I was already driving to Puerto Plata to go meet Michael.

I know it's been a while since we've both seen or talked to each other. But with everything that's going on with Michael and the accusations against him, I can't help but feel sorry for him. Having seen the way he's interacted with his nieces and nephews, and their friends, there's no way in this world that man would ever think of harming an innocent child.

And besides, I just needed to get out of the house for a while. I can't stand to be around Bobby! I caught that motherfucker cheating on me three nights ago. And that wasn't even the first time he's done this to me either! I don't know how much more I can take from him cheating on me in our own house, and near our daughter.

Bobbi Kristina was staying with my parents because I didn't feel she could handle a long plane trip to another country yet, and there was NO way I was going to leave her with that cheating ass fool for a father.

But aside from all of that bullshit, my only purpose today is to go see Michael, to be his friend, and support him in his time of need. Just hearing how upset he was last night over the phone, I could tell he was not in good spirits. And considering the type of situation he was in, who the Hell could blame him?

A few minutes later, my driver pulled up to the Condo where Michael was staying in. 

I stepped out of the car, and walked up to the door

I stepped out of the car, and walked up to the door. After giving three knocks, the door opened and I saw Michael standing there looking as handsome as he can be, though with red bloodshot eyes, like he had been crying.

Offering a smile, I said, "Hi, Michael."

Returning a sad smile, Michael said, "Hello, Whitney."

Knowing he wasn't okay, I immediately wrapped my arms around him and he did the same as we held each other close in what seemed like a long, eternal embrace. God! Just holding him again felt like old times when we were together in the 80s. Yep! Reunited and it feels so good!

Wait! What am I saying? Come on, Whitney! Keep it together! You're a married woman and a mother! You're just here to be Michael's friend! You are just his friend!

Giving him a pat on his back, we broke the embrace and I said while wrapping my arm around him and led him inside the condo,

"Come on, let's go inside."

Once we got inside, Michael took my bags and went upstairs to take them to my room. While he was doing so, I couldn't help but look around the whole condo. Boy! Let me tell you. Michael has good taste! The living room, the kitchen, everything about it seemed so grand!

 Michael has good taste! The living room, the kitchen, everything about it seemed so grand!

When Michael came back down the stairs, I looked to him and said,

"Wow, Michael! I've gotta say, your condo looks amazing."

Michael replied, "Thank you, I've had this place for a while."

Wanting to help him, I said as I started going towards the kitchen,

"Here, why don't you sit down while I go fix you up a cup of tea."

Michael shook his head as he tried to reply,

"No, no. That's okay, Whitney. You're my guest, and you shouldn't have to-"

I stopped him and said, "I insist. Now, you just sit here on this sofa, and I'll go make you a cup."

Once I was finished brewing a pot of tea, I poured it into two cups and walked back over to the sofa, handing one over to Michael.

Michael took the cup and said, "Thank you, Whitney."

I replied as I sat down beside him, "You're welcome."

After we took a few sips of our tea, I asked Michael,

"So, how long have you been staying here?"

Michael answered, "For about four or five months now."

I said, "I know these past few months couldn't have been easy for you."

He took another sip, saying, "Oh, Whitney. You don't even know the half of it. All this experience has done was create a nightmare for myself and for my family."

Wanting to know the full extent of what happened, I asked Michael,

"Well, where did this all start?"

Taking one more sip of the tea, Michael asked,

"Where do I even start?"

To help him start the conversation, "Why not just start from the beginning?"

After a moment of thought, Michael said with a nod,

"Well... Okay."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Here's the next chapter of this story! I'll try to have the next one up when I can. But in the meantime, I hope you all enjoy this and please stay tuned for more! ;)