'Amalia? What are you doing here? Did you and Eric have a fight? I noticed you weren't in the same car.'

As Jamie drew closer to me I blurted everything out.

'I like him, Jamie. I really like him, but its too soon, its too fast and its too wrong. Its wrong. I shouldn't. I can't. Because he stole me. And you don't steal the apple and then keep it and eventually it will right the wrong. You have to return the apple and say you are sorry and then its okay. And then Reynard said, lets go on a trip and I said yes and now Eric is going to be so mad because I said yes after we argued. I'm a fucking bitch. A confused fucking bitch.' I collapsed on the bed, near close to tearing my hair out with my hands. I felt Jamie sit next to me and rub my back soothingly.

'I don't understand a word you just said, specifically the stolen apple metaphor. The only thing I do know is I know its hard. They make out soulmates are supposed to be easy and its not so believe me what you are going through, the fighting, all the emotions..its normal. And whats the deal with this trip?'

I looked back up to Jamie and explained Reynard's trip.

'Well it sounds perfect. You get to have some space, clear your head and its just a short trip. We will be back soon enough and then you can take it from there.'

Hearing Jamie say that, made me feel less guilty about the trip. She was right. It was the perfect opportunity to get away for a bit and I wasn't leaving forever, just for a little while.

'Thanks Jamie. You are a great Luna.' I said, hugging her to which she laughed.

'Is that Nathan telling you all about that or have you been attacking the library again?'

'Both,' I muttered. 'But he always says you are wiser than the Crone.' Jamie drew away from me and gasped.

'He said that? The Crone is a bitch. Have you heard the stories?'

'Just two,' I shrugged. 'The one where she rescues a pack of shipwrecked werewolves and the other with the European Duke witch hunter who she cursed to see everyone he loved turn to the supernatural.'

Jamie pointed. 'See the last one. Proves my point.'

'LOL'. I giggled, falling back on the bed. Jamie joined me a second later.

'Who is the Crone?' I asked.

'No one knows. Don't know if she is one person or several throughout history, but she is wise and logical. She knows no compassion or mercy, only the drive to see people right their wrongs the correct way, even if it were to require sacrifice. She shows us that the right way is never the easiest but the most important, the test of character.'

'The stolen apple,' I whispered.

'Your apple huh? You think its the Crones metaphor. Oh my God. You don't steal the apple and then keep it and eventually it will right the wrong. Amalia, you practically quoted the Crone's philosophy.'