Prologue

The human mind is truly the scariest thing of all.

Emotions, thoughts, and behaviors. Millions of these originate from this psychological factory, this product of consciousness created from the firing neurons of what is called the brain.

Reasoning, thinking, desire, motivation. What leads an individual to follow through with the decisions they make, whether good or bad. This process of making choices, collecting information, and evaluating different outcomes. It's only when the individual makes the choice where this mental barrier cannot prevent the consequences from accompanying the decision.

Now consequences are normal. They are a result of our actions, created from decision making. Life will reveal its consequences to humans, and from then on, they will determine if the outcomes were positive or negative. It all depends based on how well or badly they affected their lives from that point on.

Indecisiveness plays a role in the human thought process as well. When given a variety of choices, the simplicity in choosing one with haste may come to be a conflict for most. Introducing the psychological phenomenon termed the "Consequence of Choice." It states that the more choices you are faced with, the more difficult it is to decide. And once decided, you are then doubtful that it was the right choice.

This is what every human has gone, goes, or will go through at some time in their life. They understand the emotions, thoughts, and behaviors. The reasoning, thinking, desires, and motivations. The decision making and the indecisiveness. It's something every human experiences, it's basic human nature.

But you aren't human.

You are a plastic figurine, molded from the machines of a factory. Made for the joy and satisfaction of younger children. Your one and only purpose is to be played with. Otherwise known as a toy.

Now with toys, it's different. You aren't exactly a living being with power or knowledge. At least that's what humans view toys as. To them, they are just inanimate objects, things that can be used, and then discarded as if you were nothing to them.

Toys are a huge part of a child's childhood. They stick with them, growing up alongside their kid. It's when they get to that age where they discover other interests where they forget about you. Leaving you somewhere on a dusty shelf, underneath a bed, cramped inside some bin, or lost somewhere that can't even be described.

The day you're finally found again, it's a bright new day. The sun is shining bright in the sky, birds are singing, and flowers are blooming. But the person you are found by isn't one you recognize. You end up in the hands of another child, wondering when you got there and how.

Nonetheless, you learn to grow closer to your new companion. But in the blink of an eye, you can end up where you were before. Somewhere on a dusty shelf, underneath a bed, cramped inside some bin, or lost somewhere that can't even be described.

It becomes a cycle of reuse and recycle. The life of a toy. You get passed down from person to person, never staying with one permanently. Sometimes, you don't even end up in the hands of a kid. If you're a poor unfortunate soul, you could be out on the streets, in some dump, or worse, in a garbage incinerator where you're left to burn.

Being a toy can be terrifying. Enjoyable most of the time, but also terrifying. There are things you go through that can change you forever. You develop these instincts and skills, having to rely on yourself if you want to survive. All because of the impacts from these humans. You don't know what the human mind is capable of. You can never predict what it might do next.

And that's the downfall of being a toy. A plastic figurine, molded from the machines of a factory. Made for the joy and satisfaction of younger children.

Your one and only purpose: providing entertainment in a world full of grief, cruelty, and indifferences.

Lost and Found {Toy Story x Reader}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें