1 - New Toys

The toys went out of toy mode and walked over to the bed, all of them filled with curiosity. A bunch of 'what is it?'s and 'can you see it?'s could be heard from amongst the sea of toys.

"What the heck is up there?" asked Slinky.

"Woody, who's up there with ya?" Rex asked frantically.

But to everyone's surprise, the sheriff they thought was on the bed came out from under it. Woody coughed and regained his composure as he crawled his way out into the light, where he met the other toys.

"Woody? What are you doing under the bed?" Slinky questioned him. The other toys seemed just as confused as he was.

"Uh, nothin'. Uh, nothin'." said the sheriff, hoping none of them would see through his façade. "I'm sure Andy was just a little excited, that's all." Woody reassured everyone. "Too much cake and ice cream, I suppose. It's just a mistake!"

"Well, those mistakes are sitting in your spot, Woody." Potato Head stated dubiously as he pointed at the top of the bed.

Rex gasped in realization. "Have you been replaced?"

"Hey, what did I tell you earlier?" Woody said, reminding Rex, and himself, of his own words. "No one is getting replaced. Now, let's all be polite and give whatever it is up there a nice, big Andy's-room welcome." he spoke cheerfully, trying to brighten up, but no one was buying it.

Woody climbed the bed and peaked over the edge. And there he saw two figurines, both in toy mode. A space ranger that was standing upright and a ninja who was laying down. Woody gulped as they both started moving. The space ranger examined the area around him while the ninja examined the surroundings beneath and above her.

~(Y/N)'s P.O.V~

"Buzz Lightyear to Star Command. Come in, Star Command." A voice said not that far from you. In the midst of sitting up, you turned around and spotted the same figurine that Andy had held earlier.

-Flashback to earlier (The opening of Andy's gifts)-

It was just after your box was opened and you were met face to face with a boy who peered down at you. He gently grabbed you from out of the box and stared at you, examining your features.

Then you saw a sight you didn't think you'd see in a long while: Andy's eyes lit up. It felt so familiar, like it had happened before. But the memories started flooding into your head and you were able to recall. It was much like when Hazel first opened your package with the brightest smile on her face. You didn't think you'd ever get to relive that moment.

There was a burst of happiness from inside you from the nostalgic but endearing moment. A fluttery feeling washed over your entire body and suddenly, there was hope. Nothing felt impossible anymore and you questioned why you even thought of ever giving up in the first place.

But as you thought about it, you couldn't help but have mixed feelings. What if he were to leave, just as Hazel left you? What if it was just false hope and you were just going to end up like how you were before in a matter of time? That happiness faded away when you thought about the reality of it and you dreaded for that time if it were to come.

Andy had the biggest smile plastered on his face when he grabbed you out of the box, and that's when you came into sight of the other kids. When they realized what it was that he was holding, some of them mocked him.

"That's a girl's toy!" One of his friends laughed, pointing at the figurine. "Are you really going to play with that dolly?"

"Yeah, it's so girly. Give it to Molly or something." His other friend added.