1 - Backstory

~(Y/N)'s Background~

"Thank you, Mommy! Thank you, Daddy!" The small child exclaimed with joy and excitement. She jumped up and down and around, unable to contain her contagious happiness. A wide grin painted her face and it only grew wider from the immense joy.

The mother laughed lightly, looking down at the child with a smile plastered on her face from ear to ear. "Happy birthday, dear."

She hugged her parents tightly and then carried the box up to her room, admiring the beautiful toy through the plastic. The same wide smile remained on her face, as if her face had been stuck in place from smiling for too long.

She opened the box carefully and unpackaged the contents of the box. There, she held a doll whose name was (Y/N). The doll donned big and beautiful (e/c) eyes, which glimmered in the light. They were like diamonds- no, not even diamonds. They shone so bright, they couldn't even be compared to diamonds.

Tied in a ponytail was her soft, shiny (h/c) hair that flowed with the wind. Her attire consisted of black baggy pants with legs wraps covering her shins from her ankles to her knees. She also wore a black baggy jacket with arm guards and a belt around her waist. And lastly, she wore black boots and a black mask around her mouth and nose.

To everyone, she might've been just a normal doll, but to the child, she was like an idol to her.

"Hello, (Y/N)! I'm Hazel!" The child introduced. The 6-year-old child then proceeded to rip something else out of the box, which appeared to be another outfit. It was (Y/N)'s casual everyday outfit.

From (Y/N)'s perspective, she could see Hazel holding the box and looking on the back side. This allowed her to see the front of the box, which had a picture of her on it. The child read aloud the description that was printed on the back of the box.

"(Y/N), a very brave, stealthy, and adventurous doll. When the sun shines bright during the day, she is just an ordinary girl, blending in amongst the people. But when night falls, she defeats all of the bad guys who roam and lurk in the shadows. (Y/N) isn't afraid of anything and is willing to do everything she can to make the world a better place." Hazel smiled as she finished reading the paragraph.

"When I grow up, I want to be like you, (Y/N)!" The child said as she gently picked up the doll that was in front of her. She admired the beauty of the doll once more before jumping off of her bed.

"Come on, (Y/N)! I want you to meet the other toys! I'm sure they will love you!"

~~~

Several months had passed and (Y/N) laid in the arms of the dying child. Hazel lay still on a hospital bed, her parents at her side. They looked down at their daughter with a sad expression written on their faces. It took every ounce of strength in their bodies to hold back tears. But with the tears already welled up in their eyes, they broke down.

Their sobs, though muffled by the walls, still disturbed nearby rooms. But no doctor or patient minded, for they had no idea about the emotional pain these poor parents were going through. Their loud cries echoed in their room and could be heard from a mile away. The news finally registered into their heads and greatly devastated Hazel's mother and father: Hazel only had a few more days to live, for she had cancer.