1 - Surprise

As you were held captive in the purse, you thought about what would happen afterwards. She mentioned a name... Andy. From the way she talked about him, he appeared to be someone close and important. Her son, perhaps? Maybe there is light after darkness. The possibility and desire of being held with and played with felt so near. After everything that's happened...

And after what seemed like forever, you were brought into the home of this Mrs. Davis. She placed down her purse on a nearby table, then she took Molly out of her stroller and went upstairs. Moments later, she came back down and put away the baby stroller. You laid there, watching silently as she walked back and forth from place to place. And finally, once she was done putting everything away, she picked you up from out of the purse.

"I'm sure Andy wouldn't mind getting another toy." said Mrs. Davis as she inspected you. "Besides, he's probably going to get a million more during his birthday party." She placed you down on the table and went upstairs.

She came back down with a small box, some tape, wrapping paper, and ribbon in hand. Picking you back up, she gently placed you down in the box. Then she taped the box flaps shut and wrapped the box in the wrapping paper, before tying the ribbon around the box.

"Alright, let's see, where should I put you? Maybe I can put you where I'm keeping Andy's surprise toy." Mrs. Davis whispered before walking upstairs to her room. She walked over to a closet and placed you down inside, closing the door.

After hearing the pitter-patter of her footsteps become softer, you assumed she had left. Pushing against the box flap, you tried to break free from the box walls, but it didn't budge. An idea popped into your head, and unsheathing your sword, you plunged it right into the cardboard. Except you didn't.

If there was evidence of any signs of struggle or escape, the humans would start having suspicions, and that was the last thing you wanted. Taking in a deep breath, you inserted your sword back into its scabbard. But in one last attempt, you used all of your strength to push against the box flaps, but to no avail.

"I can't be kept in here forever." You panted, strained from trying to escape the cardboard prison. A wave of panic and worry washed over when you suddenly remembered what happened to your friends the last time they were in a box. The horrid memory was engraved into your eyes and you wished to forget it ever happened.

So much for hope and possibility. Being trapped in a box wasn't where you expected to be. And who knows how long you'd stay in here for? It was just you, your thoughts, and the deafening silence. You thought about giving up right then and there, and kissing your hopes and dreams goodbye.

A sigh left your lips as you leaned back against the box wall. A sigh that was one of misery and hopelessness. You wanted to give up as it felt like your only option. But a tiny voice whispered in the back of your mind, telling you not to give up now.

Your brows furrowed at your own conflicting thoughts, and in a trice, you shook your head as if to dismiss them. There wasn't anything else you could do besides wait for the day your own freedom was returned to you. "I guess I'll just wait here. Until I rot." You grumbled, before going into toy mode.

~~~

~The Day of Andy's Birthday~

"All right everyone! This...is a stick-up!" Potato Head shouted, roleplaying as One-Eyed Bart. He wielded a plastic green gun and pointed it threateningly at the other toys. "Don't anybody move! Now, empty that safe!" Andy picked up Hamm and shook him, emptying out the coins.

"Ooh-hoo-hoo! Money, money, money!" One-Eyed Bart said delightfully, kissing the coins.

"Stop it! Stop it, you mean, old potato!" Bo Peep cried.