1 - Saboteur

Woody awoke in the toy chest, stirring at the sense of unfamiliarity. It was unusual for him since he'd normally be sleeping and waking up next to Andy, but things changed and he wasn't fond of any of the modifications. He groaned slightly and sat up, and suddenly, the memories all came flooding back to him. He recalled the events that took place last night, with you.

A slight blush rose to his cheeks as he reminisced about it and his eyes glanced over to where you laid, but you weren't there. He caught himself as soon as he realized he was distracted and shook his head to clear his thoughts, remembering about the real situation that was at hand.

Woody lifted the lid of the toy box just slightly, peeking out through the crack. He checked if Andy was in the room and when he saw no sign of him, he fully opened the lid of the box.

"Finally!" He huffed, breathing in huge amounts of fresh air from the outside. The feeling of being kept in the toy chest made him eerily uncomfortable.

He sighed, looking up and noticing that his hat was missing. "Hey, who's got my hat?" He asked, looking around in the box.

Besides him appeared a squeaky rubber shark toy. And on top of his head sat Woody's hat. "Look, I'm Woody! Howdy, howdy, howdy!" He mocked.

The cowboy stared at the bath toy through half-lidded eyes, bothered by the shark's poor imitation of him.

"Ah-ha! Ah-ha, ha, ha! Gimme that!" Woody demanded through gritted teeth as he snatched his hat back. He jumped out of the toy box and put his hat back on, but as he did, he heard the voice of the last person he wanted to see: Buzz.

Woody's eyes glanced over to the group of toys, who were not too far away. His eyebrows furrowed when he saw his space ranger rival, and next to him stood a particular ninja doll.

An arising emotion built up inside of him and he was unable to identify what it was. He recently took notice of this emotion and it was always present when it had something to do with you and Buzz. Could it have been envy? Or jealousy? Whatever it was, it irked him.

"Say there, Lizard and Stretchy Dog, let us-" Your soft giggle cut off Buzz and he paused, looking over to you.

You looked up and your eyes met his. "Uh, Rex and Slinky." You corrected him, still chuckling from his error.

"Oh, right. Rex and Slinky, let us show you something. It looks as though we've been accepted into your culture. Your chief, Andy, inscribed his name on us." Buzz said, lifting up his foot to show them. You also lifted up your foot, revealing Andy's name.

Woody stood from afar, watching and listening to the conversation.

"Wow!" Rex and Slinky exclaimed in unison upon seeing Andy's written name on the bottom of your guys' soles.

"With permanent ink, too!" Rex added.

The unnoticeable cowboy shook with anger, clenching his fists with a scowl on his face.

"Well, I must get back to repairing my ship." Buzz said before walking away.

You said bye to the space ranger, watching him as he walked away. But then you spotted an angry cowboy in the distance, one who was glaring daggers at his rival.

Woody's gaze softened and his scowl turned into a frown, one that was contagious, for the dejected look that was on his face appeared on yours.

Sure, he might not have been the best person these past weeks, to you or Buzz, but you weren't made to hold grudges. A part of you felt bad for him, but you didn't want to mettle. After all, it wasn't your place to, since you were considered a new arrival and all. It's not like anything you could say would be helpful or effective on him. But at the same time, you wanted to help out your ailing friend in need.