𝟬𝟬𝟲 chaos rising

Start from the beginning

Jiayi looked up from her own homework assigned by Mr. Harris. Peering to her side, she caught a glimpse of what Amara was working on. "Too bad. You're alive. Do your work."

The Jheung girl cut her eyes at Jia, then Allison, hearing her faint snicker at Jia's words. "I'm never studying with any of you ever again."

Lydia's lips parted to defend herself, but Amara raised a finger to stop her. "I would've exclude you if you hadn't been scouting for possible distractions this semester since we got here. For example, the guy behind me."

Allison looked over Amara's shoulder to identify who she was referring to. Jia did the same. Behind them were two twins, both too stuck in their own thoughts to notice the four girls staring at them.

Amara could easily pick out the rest of the members of the Alpha Pack, but not them. They weren't associated with Beacon Hills when Amara was alive. So, for the time being, she was completely oblivious to the Alphas that were currently enrolled in their school.

Allison turned her head to Lydia, a beam on her face. "Which one?"

The strawberry-blonde stared back at the Argent as if the choice was obvious. "The straight one, obviously."

Seemingly on cue, Danny Māhealani turned the corner, catching one of the twin's attention almost instantly. Danny was so distracted by the charming smile the twin shot him that he bumped into another student trying to get up from his chair. Awkwardly, he apologized before walking away out of embarrassment.

Amara turned back to her work after watching the encounter unfold, resting her elbow back down on the wooden table. She bit the tip of her blue pen.

"Do you think it's a logo?" Allison asked, picking up Lydia's empty coffee cup. Amara didn't hear her, and Lydia had left the table to make her move on the straight twin, leaving Jia to hold conversation with the girl.

The Jheung was too occupied with the stinging pain beginning to envelop her right arm. She tried her best to ignore it, but it just got worse the more she did so. It had been happening for a few days, hence why she kept it bandaged. She hated looking at its state, it brought her nothing but more stress. Something that she didn't need at the moment.

Each time she felt the burning sensation on her arm, it was always more painful than the last. Something was seriously wrong.

Visiting her uncle was a last resort, but at the moment, it seemed to be the only one. She wasn't sure what the wound meant for her, but the last thing she wanted to do was find out her skin was shedding like some sort of snake.

"Amara!" Jia's yell was followed by shushes from nearby classmates, annoyed by her sudden outburst.

Amara snapped her head to Jia in confusion before looking back at Allison, who mirrored Jia's face of concern. It wasn't until she felt something drip from her lip that she realized what had left them in such a state.

Her eyes widened when she gazed down at her ink-stained paper, realizing that it came from her mouth. She removed her pen from her lips, noticing her freshly blue dyed fingertips. She had bit so hard on the pen it ended up bursting in her mouth.

Allison moved Amara's homework away from her so it wouldn't leave anymore stains, but her eyes remained on the brunette's face. "Are you okay?"