Chapter 12: *12

Wyatt placed his hand on Zed's forehead, 'It seems your fever went down.' He thought, sighing in relief. Zed was given the potion to help with his fever a few hours ago and has been sleeping since then. The werewolf stood by his side all night to wait for him to wake up.

"I hope you will wake up soon, Zed. I love you so much." Wyatt kisses his boyfriend's forehead. It was like he was in the hospital bed all over again. He then felt Esmerelda's hand on his shoulder when he felt her presence in the room.

"He will be alright, dear. If Zed is anything like his mother, he'll wake up and come back to us." Esmeralda squeezes his shoulder.

Wyatt nodded and Esmeralda said, "Why don't you come down for breakfast? Willa and Wynter are already eating."

"I don't know. I really don't wanna leave Zed alone and miss seeing him wake up." Wyatt admitted sadly.

"I figured that." Esmeralda inferred. "I'll bring you breakfast then."

"Thanks... for everything." Wyatt thanked her with a small smile, which caused Esmeralda to smile in return.

"Anytime, dear. I'll be back shortly." Esmeralda leaves the room, closing the door behind her, enough to leave it cracked.

Wyatt looks back at Zed, "Please wake up. I miss you."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Valencia woke up from her slumber when she heard the sound of the cell opening. She opened her eyes and saw Jessica stepping into the cell.

"I told you to leave me alone, Jessica." Valencia snapped, sitting up against the wall.

"I know and I don't care." Jessica outstretched her hand to give Valencia something.

"I don't want anything from you."

"Again, I don't care, here."

Valencia glares at her before taking to what seems to be a picture from her, "What is this?"

"It's a picture of your son at his graduation party." Jessica told her.

Valencia flipped the picture over and glanced at the picture in her hand. "He's all grown up. My baby is all grown up."

Jessica stares at her for a moment before leaving Valencia's cell, and heading towards the doors of the dungeons to leave and go to her chamber. But before she could officially leave, she heard Valencia's voice.

"Jessica?"

Jessica turns around, "Yes?"

"Thanks." Valencia gave her a small smile.

"You're welcome," Jessica said before leaving the dungeons. As she made it to her chamber, Jessica took her heart-shaped necklace from around her neck and opened it, which revealed it was a locket. Inside, it was a picture of her family. Her husband, Vincent, Valencia's older brother, and her two children, Victor and Zaria.

She held her necklace close to her chest, sighing, "I'm sorry I failed our family. I'm so very sorry."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Zaria waited patiently for her brother to finish analyzing the blood that they found in the apartment. She groaned loudly as she shifted in her seat in the van, 'We've been sitting here for hours!'

"Patience, sis," Victor told her from the back of the van while he concentrated on finishing examining the blood in his microscope.

"How can I have patience when you're taking a long time?!"

Victor chuckles, "You sound like dad."

Zaria glares at him, "I do not!"

"You so do."