"yeah, we are, but you better be off or else I'd start preparing for the seventh break-up if I were you." max teased as she reached forward to kiss lucas' cheek.

a toothy grin spread upon his face as a wave of relief washed over him, "bye max." he waved before jogging after mike and will.

"okay, so now we can enjoy our day without having to deal with another 'dork-alert.'" I said before we turned around to get onto the bus.

——————————

it was now late evening and the song, 'angel' was playing from el's radio as us girls were located in her bedroom with our colour-coded scrunchies on our wrists.

max jumped about with a hairbrush in her hand, singing along to the song as el half-played with my hair and half-read the magazine. I turned my head slightly to look at what el was reading, it was a page about 'phoebe cates.'

"oh! ha, so you found phoebe cates?" I chuckled.

el nodded with a light giggle in response.

"pretty, isn't she?" I asked.

"yeah, but not as pretty as you~" el said in a playful voice before leaning forward and planting a kiss upon my forehead.

"cornyyy!" max teased as she stopped jumping about and picked the magazine up instead.

"you're just jealous of how maintained and requited our love is." I joked and max just rolled her eyes in response before showing us a double-page picture of 'ralph macchio.'

"ralph macchio is way better anyway." max commented, el and I shared an 'ehhh' look.

"what? he is in my eyes." max said confidently.

"okay, sure." I laughed after max put the magazine down, "so, lucas or ralph, then?"

"what kind of question is that!" max exclaimed, "obviously lucas!"

"you think he's still worrying a little now?" el questioned, referring back to earlier when he was worried about his and max's relationship.

"dunno." max and I shrugged before an idea popped into my head.

"we could go see though?" I said, gaining max and el's attention, "by using the void?"

——————————

the radio no longer played the upbeat song, it now only emitted static crackling.

el and I sat on the floor, side-by-side. el had used an actual blindfold to cover her eyes but I was left with some old sock.

"is this really gonna work?" max asked, we both nodded in response.

"holy shit, this is insane!" max excitedly squealed.

"-max." el warned.

"-yeah, quiet. I'm sorry." max apologised.

I concentrated hard on finding lucas and the others in the void but I was finding it a lot more difficult than usual. but once I thought I had found them, I opened my eyes to find billy hargrove stood before me, with inky veins spread all over his body.

I stumbled back in surprise as an eerily familiar voice called out to me, "y/n.. don't ever think that I've forgotten about you.." it was the same voice as the shadow-monster.

my heart thrashed against my chest in fear, "please.. no.. leave me alone." I begged into billy's lifeless eyes. but I knew that billy was no longer billy, just like how last year, will was no longer will.

the possessed billy stepped closer to me, he was now less than an inch away but before he could make another move, the sound of a loud fart pulled me from this frightening place.

I yanked at my sock-blindfold before taking in a big gasp of air.

"did someone?.." I began.

"-lucas, fart? yeah." el replied before all of us girls screamed out in hysterics and rolled around on the floor in tears of laughter.

"I didn't see you in there, n/n." el said once we had calmed down.

"yeah, I dunno where I was.. I couldn't find the guys.." I replied, not wanting to worry el or max, "what happened in there anyway?"

"well basically, lucas wasn't worried, mike and will we're flirting until mike said something about girls being a different species and then lucas-.." el paused as she detected the laughter was going to occur again if she said the next couple of words.

"different species?" I cried out in astonishment.

"mhm." el said.

"I swear to god, what is wrong with your brother, n/n?" max joked causing us all to laugh but the distressing statement still lingered my mind, 'don't ever think that I've forgotten about you.. y/n.'