Chapter 6: To Keep Us On The Road

I got a list of names and yours is in the red, underlined.

"We thought you were dead." I roll my eyes at Jenna's exaggeration as she shifts her hands through the air to create a more dramatic scene for this. "And what do you mean you broke your phone?" she adds, looking down at the same only different coloured cell phone from my bag.

"I mean that it is broken." I tell her, slamming the lockers doors as I pull the phone out of her hands and walk through her and Maya. "And dead? Seriously?"

"We didn't think you were dead." Maya shakes her head in sympathy as Jenna interrupts. "What? I totally thought she was dead."

"I was gone for a day." I tell them as my hand messages the back of my neck. I still feel the weight of the dead body unmoving there as I step down the stairs, almost bumping shoulders with one of the students.

"Yes, both you and Antonio, Whole day. Where were you?" Jenna's body is stiff when he stops in front of her and Maya's classroom. Our shared class, which to my unforuance math, was finally over as we stood in front of their current one, psychics. The doors on the far end of this floor held the analytics laboratory where my schedule awaits me.

My eyes travel over her expression as I nod, nonchalantly. "Yes. He is my driver."

"Oh." she nods, exhaling slowly as she nods, suddenly avoiding eye contact. "Yes, I forgot. Sorry." her hand is scratching the back of her neck weh she turns to Maya. "We should go inside-"

"Jenna?"

"Yeah?" she is quick with her answer as I step to the side, watching her closely with a side eye. I pause soon, seeing that the motion actually scares her. I don't even have the time to think how weird her mind goes.

"You love listening to stories, right?" I ask her when the classroom begins filling with students and Jenna doesn't let a beat skip when she nods.

I shot her a quick smile, to ease her nerves when I continued. "Well, this story is quite short and it's about the fact that me and Antonio have been nothing more than friends for the last seven years since we have known each other. And if you are worried about that try to remember that I have barely reachable standards that he surely does not reach."

Maya snorts next to Jenna, making us both turn to her as she puts her hand over her mouth, looking away to play innocence. Unlike me that still stands staring at her, Jenna is suddenly on me wrapping her arms and squeezing the life out of me with some sweet words that I don't care about.

"Yes, yes." I whisper loudly, pulling her away from me and rolling my eyes in a nice manner when I see her broad smile.

"I love you." she tells me, grasping my hand.

"Thank you." I tell her, propping up the book I pull from the locker as I pull my hand away as I step to the side, ready to go to my class, but then suddenly turn back, adding. "Also, next time don't call me at three in the morning."

Just when I was sure all the pieces were in their positions, they exchanged puzzled glances between each other. Looking at it seem like they are sharing a secret that I was not in on, but further on the real nature behind it is becoming clear.

They don't seem to know what I am talking about.

"If you haven't called me then, who did?" I ask, voice sounding on the edge. I had to spend three hours in the shooting area, releasing my anger through it to make sure I didn't blow my cover or Jenna's head when I saw her. It seems reasonless now.

Jenna goes to open her mouth, but Maya's eyes are shifted to the side as they widen for a slight second where I don't get the chance to ask about it, until I hear a taunting voice right behind me. "I have."