CH07 CONVERSATIONS...

Start from the beginning

“Did you know Neeraj from before?”

She nodded.

“We used to work for the same wedding planner years ago.”

“Nice. And I have someone who is looking for an event organizer.”

“Thank you for your consideration. I do have something right after Anisha’s wedding but can take up a project after.”

“Just when you start getting all the top projects in the city, why are you still taking up one at a time?”

“Aarohi and I will be working on another weekend event. We are looking to expand our teams to take on more after that.”

“What is the reason you support only one event at a time?”

“Depends on the type of event. If both Aarohi and I need to work on the event then we don’t take on any other event so we can stay focused.”

“I take it this is a top client.”

“Yes. A political party event.” She tried to make it sound generic. She didn’t want to give out any more details about the anniversary party she would be arranging for the Goenka couple.”

“Interesting. You into politics?”

“No. Just want to support a new leader who is trying to do the right thing.”

“Time will tell if a party head will stay a leader or turn into a politician.” Abhimanyu kept his eyes on the road and she was glad the topic shifted away from the private event she was going to work on.

“I will give my best to every event and Thank you for referring my company to your contact.”

“Thank you, and I’m sorry for losing my cool at the engagement party.” He kept his eyes on the road, and Akshara turned to look at him.

“We already talked about that. There is no need to apologize.”

He smiled his eyes still away from her.

“Anisha told me everything about the dress situation.”

She nodded, smiling.

“I see.”

A silence fell between them, and she didn’t like it. She was starting to enjoy talking to him, but she knew it was best to keep communication on an as-needed basis.

“When do we practice next?” he asked.

“Whenever you are free.”

“I am going out of town next week and would like to get as much practice in this week. Do you work over the weekends?”

“Absolutely.”

“Can we meet on Friday evening and Saturday morning?”