CH04 THE CROSSROADS..

Start from the beginning

“That works. And I will send you the details of the new location for the bachelorette party and send out the location change notifications.”

“What location change?” His tone was curt at best.

Anisha turned to look at her brother.

“For the bachelorette weekend.”

Her brother looked straight at Akshara.

“You agreed to discuss all changes with me.”

“Abhimanyu, stop it. We just discussed it, and I’m good with it.”

“Okay, but why are you changing venues? Didn’t you spend weeks choosing the right location for each event? Why do you want to change it?”

“Oh, it’s no big deal.” Anisha tried to brush it away, but her brother was not ready to let go.

“Yes, it is, especially when you spent so much time choosing them.”

His eyes bore into Akshara’s as he asked, “Why the change in location?”

“Sir, the Janatha Seva Party has their rally planned for the same day at the bachelorette party, and the police will be blocking off the roads for the day. It will be hard for the guests to get to the hotel for the weekend.”

“How do you know they are blocking the roads?”

“My team checked with the local police station, and the route will be blocked for the rally.” Akshara maintained a calm tone in spite of the way the man was glaring at her like she was making up stories.

He let out a huffed breath and looked at Anisha.

“Which hotel did you choose for that weekend?”

“The Royal Hotel.”

“Why?”

“What do you mean why? I like the hotel. That’s why.” Anisha laughed.

He shook his head.

“Why not the Taj or the Novatel? Why did you choose Royal which is a much smaller hotel compared to the others?”

Anisha thought for a moment.

“Oh, I know. I chose that hotel for the weekend, so we could take up the entire hotel. I know we are going to be loud, so I didn’t want other guests complaining about the noise.”

Abhimanyu looked at Akshara like she had kicked a puppy.

“Figure out a way to keep the party at that hotel.”

“Mr Birla, it is too risky. The guests will not be able to make it in time if the roads are blocked.”

“If the roads are not blocked? Do you not know for certain?”