CH04 THE CROSSROADS..

Beginne am Anfang

“Yes. And here are some swatches with the kind of handwork the designer creates. Each design is unique as it is hand stitched. He is a good friend of mine, and I will make sure he works on your outfits exclusively until the wedding. And everything he makes for you will not be made for anyone else. He is a local upcoming designer who can use your endorsement.”

“This is genius. I love the designs. I can’t wait to try them on.” Anisha let out a squeal of joy. “Thank you, Akshara. You are the best.”

“I am so happy you liked the designs. I can leave the catalogue and the swatches for you to look through.”

“Oh my God, yes. I am so happy, I want to scream.”

Akshara smiled. “I don’t know if you would feel the same way when I tell you about the bachelorette event.”

Anisha laughed. “Bring it on. I feel on the top of the world now that I see hope for having wedding outfits.”

“The venue we chose for the bachelorette weekend, The Royal

Hotel, we might have to change the venue due to a political party procession.”

“Oh, okay.” Anisha shrugged.

“Anisha, you are the best client. Thank you for being—”

Her voice was lost when the glass door to the office opened loudly, and Anisha’s brother stepped in wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

“There you are, Anisha. Hello, Ms Sharma.”

Anisha laughed as she took the mug of coffee from her brother. “Who the heck is Ms Sharma?”

“Ms Akshara Sharma, would you like some coffee?”

Akshara shook her head as Anisha continued to laugh at the way her brother addressed her.

 “I’m fine. Thank you.”

“What’s with the early morning meeting?” He sat next to his sister on the couch.

“Akshara found me an amazing designer. Look at these outfits.”

He looked at the catalogue and scrunched his nose.

“Nice sarees.”

“Abhimanyu, look closely at the handwork on the silk.” Anisha laughed.

“Sure. It is nice.”

He seemed uninterested as he sipped his coffee.

Akshara looked at Anisha and said, “Let me know when you are ready to meet Neeraj to get the outfits planned, and I can set up the time for you.”

“I will. It would have to be after the family meet and greet. I have too much going on before that.”