162 Candles

Daniella's POV:

The case was finally closed. George Foyet, also known as The Reaper, had been revealed as the perpetrator behind the murders. Despite the relief of closure, I found myself utterly drained, both mentally and physically. Conversation with Stefan was a struggle; my exhaustion rendered me unable to share much with him. I intended to explain everything eventually, but for now, I needed rest. As soon as I arrived home, I practically collapsed into bed, my body craving the solace of sleep.

And for the first time in what felt like an eternity, I dreamt of my former life.

Mystic Falls, 1864.

A horse-drawn carriage traversed down a dimly lit dirt road, its passenger and driver forging ahead. Suddenly, the sight of a man and a woman kneeling by the roadside caught their attention. The woman, upon seeing the carriage, rushed forward, pleading for assistance.

"Please! Please, help us!" the woman implored desperately as she approached.

Reacting swiftly, the driver leapt from his seat to investigate, while the passenger stepped out of the carriage to assess the situation.

"What are you doing out here at this hour? It's not safe," the passenger remarked, concern etched on his face.

"No. No, sir. It's not safe," the woman responded cryptically.

With a sudden and menacing revelation, the woman revealed her true nature, baring her fangs and attacking the unsuspecting passenger, draining his life force with chilling efficiency. Meanwhile, the driver tended to the injured man on the ground, unaware of the horror unfolding behind him.

"And that's how it's done," the woman declared, her demeanor chillingly nonchalant as she disposed of her victims.

Shaken but resolute, the passenger, Damon, confronted the reality of his newfound existence.

"What happens to the bodies?" he inquired, his voice betraying a hint of fear.

"Well, I'll take them into the woods, and the other animals will finish them off," the woman, Katherine, responded casually.

As Damon expressed his readiness to embrace his vampiric nature, Katherine offered a darkly enticing proposition.

"You should get a taste," she suggested, drawing Damon into a passionate embrace.

I awoke abruptly, heart pounding with panic. Why was Elena present in my dream? And could it be possible that she, too, was a vampire? I made a mental note to discuss this unsettling revelation with Stefan.

Vickie's tragic demise weighed heavily on my mind, knowing the toll it was taking on Jeremy.

As I processed the events of the day and the haunting visions of my past, I couldn't shake the feeling that darkness loomed on the horizon, threatening to engulf me once again.

Salvatore Boarding House

Stefan awoke abruptly in the living room as his book fell from his lap to the floor, jolting him from his slumber. A noise in the house stirred him further, prompting him to call out.

"Daniella?"

His senses heightened, Stefan rose to his feet and scanned the room, his ears catching the sound of further disturbance. Suddenly, he was attacked by a vampire.

"Lexi!?" Stefan exclaimed in surprise.

"Hi. Who's Daniella?" Lexi quipped, appearing before him.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asked, his guard still up.