Years Later

16 years later

"Haha, I beat you!" Annalise told Tatiana, her younger sister. Soda and I had just came back from Texas for the youth world quarter horse show. Annalise was 15, and won her first world championship while Tatiana get her first reserve championship at 14. They both got it, so I dont know why theyre making fun of eachother.

"You both did good." Soda looked back at them and eyed them. They just giggled. I was driving the trailer back from the show, Soda was just looking at me the entire time. "What?" I asked him. "Im just admiring how perfect you are," he smiled. The girls in the back made a gagging noise. "Disgusting. Get a room." Tatiana said. I swear this is Steve's child, not Soda's. She hangs around Steve way too much.

"Oh come on, I've caught you and that Kacey boy makin' out behind the stalls. Dont give me that shit Anna." I looked at her in the rearview mirror. She rolled her eyes. Tatiana dropped her jaw. "You did what? He is so ugly?!" she told him. Annalise was 15 while Tatiana had just turned 14. Safe to say, Soda cant keep his hands off me.

We just laughed as we heard the two girls arguing over who had the better taste in men. Annalise was saying John Travolta and Tatiana was saying Harrison Ford and Clint Eastwood. Two very different people.

Darry had a kid, surprisingly with Dally's sister. I know. It freaked me out too. Dally has two sisters, Renae and Andi. The gang all has girlfriends now, even Johnny which I found really surprising. He engaged to this redhead named Ginny, she was cool. Ponyboy was dating some girl names Indie? Dont ask me. But Dally, Dally got himself a real woman. She's a 'Naval Aviator' as she tells everybody. Pretty badass.

Soda and I still live in the same house I bought 18 years ago with the ranch. Its a good home. Vivian and Two Bit are still together, obviously. But they dont live with me. Thank god. They live a couple minutes away from us. Its a small house, but it works for them.

Steve got with some chick named Charlie Blackwood, she worked with Dally's girl. Her name was Quincey, she was real nice. She gave off the bitchy feeling at first, but then she warmed up real good. So did Dal, I haven't seen him happy like this ever.

The gang was still the gang, they came over to our house for Thanksgiving and Dally's house for Christmas. Dallas was an actor now... I still dont believe it. That's just nothing like him.

Soda and I work together on the ranch of course. He mostly talks to people and advertises, I do all the training and stuff. Annalise and Tatiana help too, but they get the safe horses. I am not letting my kids be idiots.

"Can we stop for food, Maddy?" Soda asked me. He always kept that nickname for me. "Yeah," I pulled off the exit and into a fast food restaurant. "Get my fries and a hand burger," I said while getting out. Soda took the two girls in while I got some feed for the horses.

The trailer was stainless steel, so I could see my reflection. I started wearing a cowboy head about ten years ago, and I guess it just stuck with me. Soda didn't like wearing them, he said they made him feel fake or whatever. I remember shoving one on his head, he didn't like that. It's the only time I've ever seen him not liek glue he looks.

We had four Aussies now, two black and two blue Merle. Maverick died a year after Annalise was born, it was a sad day. I loved that dog. I named my new female dog Rooster, Soda named his Mickey, Annalise named hers Lady and Tatiana named her Elly. I know they're odd names, but whatever. They're good ass dogs.

"Nice horses you got there," a man told me as I gave them food. "Thank you sir!" I called back out. He came to the trailer and leaned up against it. "Are you Mrs. Shelby?" He asked. I smiled. "It's Mrs. Curtis now, but yes." He just smiled in response. I knew that smile.

"Andy Smith? You don't recognize me?" He asked. I saw Soda walk out of the restaurant and quickly walk towards me, saying "get in the truck" to the girls. "I would rather not recognize you, because ya know, you choked me?" I said. Then Soda stepped in.

"Hey man, I think you should go." Soda told him sternly. "Youre a big shot now, Curtis?" He asked Soda with a smile. "I got Sandy in the car if you wanna say hi," Andrew joked a bit. Soda pushed him out of the way and waited for me to get out. "Leave." He said. Andrew left and I flipped him off behind his back. Childish, I know.

"He's such an asshole." Soda told me. "Youre tellin' me." I replied. We made eye and just smiled at eachother. "He's ugly so it don't matter." I shrugged walking to the truck. "Obviously. He ain't got this charm!" He flicked his wrist and laughed. "Get in the truck." I pushed him.

People ask me if I ever regret making my dad leave the country. I always tell them no. If he wanted me around, he knew what he had to do and he did the exact opposite. Yes I might have been a little harsh on him, but that's what makes a good greaser. Toughness.

I have my little girls with the man of my dreams. The girls see the whole gang as a bunch of uncles, mostly Two Bit. Vivian's their only aunt, which is scary. Tatiana and Steve hang out regularly. Tatiana dressed like a tomboy if I'm honest, like her momma. She also cut her hair short and has a "soft mullet" as she says. Whatever, she looks good.

Annalise was like her father. She had my blonde hair, my smile, but her fathers blue eyes and face shape. Tatiana had my green eyes and Soda's hair, making it a brown rusty color. They both looked like their dad in a lot of ways. Plus they were tall, which I liked of course.

All that mattered was that we were as happy as can be, and safe. There's no Alfred and Monica Shelby to come after us, there's no Andy Smith, and most importantly, if they do come, we can kick their ass happily.

What a wonderful life, aye?

The end.