Chapter 44: Kyozo

Start from the beginning

Kyozo said 'go to that building', not 'go in the building', so Radioactive wasn't going inside. Who the hell would go into a strange building anyway? She wasn't a horror movie protagonist.

Besides, her gut felt like it was dragging her the other direction.

Why'd I decide this was a good idea?

Now, if she faced the path out, she could see when Kyozo or someone else returns, but the chances are she won't be able to defend if whatever is in the house attacked her.

I'd like to see them try. Radioactive sneered.

On the other hand, if she faced the house and the dark bamboo stalks surrounding it, Kyozo could ambush her from behind. 

Arguementably, it would be best to face neither of them. She could just stand with her left to the house and the right to the path, or vice versa, but that right there mimics most fighting stances and Radioactive didn't want to be attacked when there was a chance this was a peaceful meeting.

She felt the prickle of being watched coming from the house. At least it doesn't hide it's presence. Radioactive could probably tell if they tried to attack her.

If she has to fight Kyozo here, Radioactive would easily win. The bamboo stalks block any outsiders from seeing what happens in here. But, the thing in the house would be able to know who she is.

Eh, doesn't matter. Radioactive can kill them just as easily. Which isn't that easy and will probably fuck up the house thereby drawing suspicion.

Or...

"Kirai."

'Hm?'

"What's in the house?"

'What do you consider as part of the house?'

"What the fuck- Like, everything in that damn building and the forest around it."

'There's no one in the house.'

"Don't fucking lie, I can feel someone watching me."

'People have vivid imaginations.'

"Kirai."

'Fine. You normally wouldn't be able to sense it. Its the incense of a seraph. One has been here. You can sense it because I'm here.'

Hmpt. Not that surprising, considering that All for One has been here. 

"How fresh is it?"

'Why are you thinking of incenses like scent trails?'

"They both involve scent, and I'm more familiar with one of them."

'Fine. The scent trail is like a few weeks old.'

"Right. Thanks."

Radioactive heard footsteps.

"Sh." She said, as she felt Kirai's presence shrink.

Kyozo emerged from the bamboo. "Looks like you were smart enough not to enter the house."

"Tch." Radioactive glared. "What now? Gonna stab me?"

"No." She said. "But I do have questions."

"Ask away, bitch." Radioactive said, grimincing.

"What clan were you from?" Kyozo asked. 

Radioactive replied. "Anubis." 

"Ooooo. That changes things." Radioactive's grip tightened on her gun.

"The entire Anubis clan is dead, except for me." Kyozo said with a laugh. 

"Even the next head?" Radioactive asked, unimpressed.

"Raven was smart. She got out of the underground in time. The rest of us were trapped."

"So who're you?" She asked.

"Cynthia Anubis, pleased to meet you." Kyozo dipped her head.

Cynthia Anubis!?

Her face converted into a shit eating grin. "Your turn."

Radioactive's mouth went dry. 

If she says that she's Lilith Anubis, then Kyozo will kill her on the spot to keep her position as leader.

Kyozo smiled knowingly.

"You're Lilith, aren't you?"

This image inspired Kyozo's character design. Not mine. Pretty sure its a fanart of makima but i dont watch chainsaw man sooooo

 Pretty sure its a fanart of makima but i dont watch chainsaw man sooooo

Meme