america.

"Your brother's music sucks."

Clover stayed silent after Gavin's sentence, covering up yet another bruise he'd given her moments before.

"I mean, how is he even famous?" Gavin scoffed, hitting pause on Clover's computer and coming up behind her. He put his hands on her waist and kissed her temple, "You're so pretty, Clover."

She felt a lump in her throat but smiled. "Thank you, Gavin."

He continued to kiss her temple while she finished but went lower and lower to her neck before Clover realized what he was doing,

"Not now." she said.

"Why not?" Gavin pushed himself off of her, his eyebrows furrowed. "Fucking god, Clover, you never want to do anything."

Clover felt tears swell up in her eyes. She rubbed her arm and looked down, "I-I'm sorry, I don't feel good."

Gavin rolled his eyes, picked up his backpack from Clover's messy bed, and left without another word.

That was a recurring thing. Clover would say no to sex, and Gavin would get upset, leave, and not contact her for the rest of the night. She was used to it, but she hated it.

Clover knew she was in a toxic relationship. She knew this was abusive. But inside, she believed she was nothing without him. Clover wouldn't be able to live without him.

She was nothing without him.

Before Clover began the aftermath of Gavin leaving, a knock was on her door. She quickly wiped the tears from her eyes and sat down on her bed, "Come in!" she said.

Her mom walked into the room with a small smile on her face. "Hey, sweetheart."

Clover hugged her knees and smiled, "Hi mom. What do you need?" She asked.

"I just wanted to let you know that next week, You and I are going to fly to Australia for a week to see your brother. He's moving and needs some help packing up since Sierra is visiting her family right now."

Clover tried to hide her fear. "O-Oh," she swallowed. "I don't know mom, finals are coming up and—"

Liz exhaled, "I'm sorry honey, I've already bought the tickets. We can't go back now." She told her daughter. "Luke is excited to see you, okay?"

"I—" Clover stuttered, but decided to keep quiet. "Yeah, okay."

Liz smiled at her sixteen-year-old, "Goodnight love."

"Night mama," Clover said before Liz shut her bedroom door. After she was alone, and Liz had walked away, Clover broke into tears.

How was she going to tell Gavin she was going to America? How could she get out of this?

[]

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Gavin cussed, grabbing ahold of Clover's wrist and pulling her closer to him whilst they sat in his car. "You're not going."

"G–Gavin, I don't have a c–choice." Clover sobbed.

"I don't fucking care!" He shouted, getting closer to his face. "You are not going!" His ears got red and so did his face.

"Gavin," Clover sobbed, "I-I can't just not go,"

Gavin grabbed her other wrist and began pushing her back and forth, "You're going to find another guy there, fuck him, and be a slut. Aren't you?" He chuckled, "You're a slut, Clover Hemmings."

"I–I won't!" Clover shouted, "I swear, please s–stop, you're hurting me."

"Oh am I hurting you?" Gavin tightened his grip, "I'm hurting you?"

Clover nodded quickly.

"You're hurting me," Gavin responded, pulling Clover's face up in front of him. "If you're going to fucking go, you will have your location on 24/7 and I want to have photos of where you are all of the time."

Clover swallowed. "Y–Yes, you will."

Gavin let go of her face and wrists, pushing her harshly toward the car door. "Fucking slut."

Her bottom lip trembled and her eyes burned badly while she tried to keep her tears away from her red cheeks. She grazed the spot Gavin held on her wrist, wincing at the feeling.

She knew she should leave, but she was nothing without him.