Love as a Solution (Part 2)

T: I thus hope that you will trust me but to trust without reason is an fools act, however, and because I do not deem you as a fool, my dear friend, you have gifted me the task of giving a reason on why love itself is worth it. It will be a difficult task since I have neither experienced love myself but I feel it my duty after reading your letter to investigate this matter myself. I think it appropriate that since I have no first-hand experience of love myself, I could tell you a story, a love story to be precise. It will have to try to convince you that love itself is worth it and that the results of your love do not matter. It is therefore faulty to think of love as an instrument for happiness. I will try to convince you that whether love brings you happiness or sadness, life or destruction, poison or health, it will always be worth intrinsically to pursue love. To be able to do this without experience of love itself, it will be necessary for me to use a story, a story not from my experience, to convince you. It is in stories that we find ourselves agreeing the most, since we always are able to relate to some things that are happening in a good story. To give arguments is then useless, since this is not a debate and I will not have to conquer you by words. It is a matter of saving you, saving you from the darkness devoid of love. And what is a better method of saving someone without any love than a good love story, a story which shows that there is still love in the world, that love is wherever you look. We all think that love is at its best in the big events in our lives, in our weddings, in our first times of everything, in our last words. This is mistake, however, since in every small act of selflessness, of devotion, or of desire, there is always a story about love hidden somewhere. If one looks closely, if one sees through the charades of life, and if one is in a healthy state of mind, you will see that there is always a story about love being written somewhere, may it be in our acts or thoughts, it will be there and it is worth it, for each of us, to find the words of love in our life that constitute our own love story.