"I know." I nodded my head and agreed with her.

After the entire attack and gunshots, I didn't think much about Aunt Carol until later when I woke in the middle of the night.

I didn't tell Beatrice about the attack or what had happened with King as it was something I didn't want her to know or be worried about. As much as I wanted to share everything with her, I couldn't.

She wouldn't understand and telling her the truth about myself and this town would terrify her and it would endanger her life. I didn't want any of that.

She was one of my oldest best-friend and I wanted her to leave town, safely return home and enjoy the rest of her life farther away from me or any troubles I had bought.

"When do you plan on leaving?" I asked her.

"By a day or two. I'm trying to delay it but Mom doesn't agree, she just wants to take me home and put me on bed rest for the rest of the month." Beatrice rolled her eyes and scoffed. "I really want to stay for you."

"No, no," I quickly disagreed, "You shouldn't do that. I'll visit you some time but for now, go home and be safe. Plus, you need to get better!" I eyed her from the top to the bottom. She was still injured and bruised.

"But—"

"No buts," I dragged her hand away from me as she tried to convince me to stay. I knew she would want to but I couldn't let her. "Go home. It was great having you here and it was fun," I smiled a little while remembering the past few weeks. "And I'll miss you tons when you leave."

"Awe, I'll miss you too!" She grabbed me into a hug and I returned a tight one.

"I'll miss more."

Pulling away, she still remained concerned for me. "Are you sure you'll be okay here, all alone? You can come with us if you feel like."

I had King with me. I wasn't alone. Blood rushed up to my cheeks as my thoughts drifted to him and the morning session we had today. I truly, only wanted him, forever and I was sure he wanted me as well.

"I'll be fine." I smiled and waved at Beatrice.

"Mhm, of course, you'll be. You have a hottie up your sleeves." She teased before poking my right shoulder. "And that other oldie beside him. They both sure can protect you." She continued, calling Arnold an oldie.

I chuckled and placed my hand over my mouth to hold myself together, "You have no shame, Beatrice. Literally, none!"

As soon as I stopped laughing, I asked Beatrice if she would come with me to my home and if we could pick some things together. I didn't want to disturb King and pull him out of his work but at the same time, I wanted someone to be there with me when I went home.

Beatrice didn't hesitate, she quickly accepted my offer and escaped into the washroom to change her clothes. She had been in bed all day and night since her parents arrived and she couldn't wait to leave the hotel.

I suppose this could our last day out before she would get on a flight and leave for a few good years.

Whilst I drove the car to my home, Beatrice asked me a couple of questions about Aunt Carol.

"Did anyone find out what happened to her?"

I shook my head before turning to see the rear mirror. I had to be cautious about everything since last night. "Someone shot her, someone from around her—I think so." It had to be.

"Do you know who would do that?"

I shrugged, "Carol didn't have any enemies. She loved and everyone loved her. It had to be the same people that killed my parents." I answered her back while taking the turn into my street.

There was an hour left before it was going to get dark and I intended on finishing everything and going to King's house before the night arrived.

I was too scared to be out alone...in the dark.

"You'll know." She rubbed my shoulder as I parked the car outside of my home.

It took a lot of courage to go inside but once I was inside, I didn't want to leave. I remembered all the memories I had in the house with Aunt Carol. She slept downstairs while I slept upstairs. There were two extra bedrooms that no one used. It was just the both of us, for a very long time. She had tons of girl friends that came over and she threw some good parties but in midst of the parties, I would leave as they would boring.

After looking through the entire house, I found her stash of family pictures we made through the years and all the birthday letters she had given to me. Anything sentimental, I took it along with me as I didn't know when I was going to live in the house again.

I kept most of the things as they were, moving barely anything. I wanted to preserve her memory for as long as I could. I wanted to remember her every time I visited the house.

She was always going to be in my thoughts, just like my parents.

After an hour, just before the sunset, I left the house and got back inside the car. Slowly, the sky began changing colors and the crowds became lesser across the town. I feared another night—another attack. Everything replayed in my head like a broken record player. I just didn't how I was ever going to forget all of this.

I returned Beatrice back to the hotel and dropped her off to her room. Just a few minutes later, her parents arrived and spoke to them for a bit before leaving the hotel and giving them my goodbyes.

Beatrice was going to fly out of Frostford by tomorrow morning. Everything was booked. She was leaving.

With a heavy heart, I took the elevator downstairs and entered the lobby of the hotel. Tons of guests passed by, went on with their world while I mourned, thinking about my life, my past.

Was there any happiness for me?

The golden door of the hotel rolled automatically before I stepped out in the cold. The night was still young but it was here. The sky was dark with thick, heavy clouds floating by. The wind was cold and dangerous.

But I sniffed something else in the air.

I wiped my wet cheeks before burying my hands into the pocket of my coat and walking to my left.

"Arnold?" I smiled at him mischievously and then remembered Beatrice's words about him. Oldie. "Are you following me?" I asked as I went near him.

He stood just by the hotel, hands tucked in his black pockets as he waited for me. With a little shake of his head, he replied, "No—I think so. But, he asked me to stay around you until you'd get free from your friend."

I walked alongside him, heading to the parking lot. "Why? Where is King?" I questioned out of curiosity.

"He wants you to join him for a special ceremony."

I looked at him from the corner of my eyes and then stopped, "What?"

"If you'd allow me, I'll take you to him." Arnold offered, stopping near his car.

"What ceremony?" I furrowed my brows.

Ceremony?

Right after we woke up, King told me he was going to get some things done and ensure safety was in place. There were too many threats, he—the Alpha, had gotten shot by the hunters. He wanted to hunt down whoever did it and kill them.

For me.

For his parents.

For mine.

For Carol.

But when Arnold mentioned a ceremony I grew doubtful about King and his plans.

"Xypnima the Lycanthropus."

My confusion just grew, "English, please."

"The Awakening of the Werewolves." He responded.

Read the full book on Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr