Chapter 51

Chapter 51

"Where were you hiding all this time?" Gabriella asked, leaning forward, an elbow on her knee and another hand holding a drink. "Do you know how long King had been waiting for you? I told him, a thousand times to go home for once and you might find your mate there but he never listened." She cocked her head at him and gave him a stare.

Guess finding mate was similar to finding a boyfriend or a girlfriend.

"I was in Frostford. Someone didn't look close enough," I replied with a cheerful smile.

"I did..." He trailed off while tightening his hand on my thigh. "I recongized you the minute I saw you and I knew then and I know now that I only want you."

It was hot, hearing him being possessive about me. He nuzzled in my neck before his breath fanned up my earlobe. "Don't forget." He whispered lowly. No one heard us.

I drew my lower lip into my mouth while my body stiffened underneath his touch. "I won't." At least not the bits of the our first night together.

I heard a throat clearing before we settled back into our position. The heated argument between Gabriella and Rafael only lasted for a few minutes before they made things up—for the night.

I found myself ordering more drinks with the intentions of getting slightly buzzed and tipsy. I didn't want to get blackout drunk but I wanted to be gone enough to enjoy the night before it was over.

"Well, you're more than lucky to be an Alpha's mate. The men out there, our kind, are disgusting!" Gabriella stated, mainly to me but Rafael took in most of her words.

"I'm not disgusting, baby girl."

"You're among the worst."

I laughed while they shared dirty glances at each other. Whatever happened between them had to be something fascinating and big or they wouldn't be hating each other this much.

I straightened my back and turned my attention toward King who was the little fight displayed in front of us. "They were dating, weren't they?" I asked, throwing in my assumptions.

"For over two years..."

"Wow," My eyes widened, "What happened then?"

"Oh, nothing, they just began spiting each other—werewolf hormones. It began troubling the wolf when the marking hasn't taken place." His eyes were on his friend and his cousin while mine were on his.

Werewolf—what? I blinked hard and fast.

"Marking as in, the claim thingy?"

"Yes." His attention diverted to me. "Oh, don't worry, females only have the hormones, not the males." He quickly concluded and smiled at me.

Was I going to turn into a spiteful bitch soon?

I let out a nervous laugh before grabbing my drink off the table and gulping down the rest of it. My throat burned, the nasty scent of alcohol drifted to my nose and I squinted my eyes before shaking my head.

Hormones.

I needed to get more than buzzed to handle whatever was coming next at me. In just a few hours, I had learned more than ever. The way King lived his life was completely different, lavish in ways, beautiful and full of excitement. Although, he still remained a werewolf and being an half-animal didn't make a difference around here. I expected for him to be hidden in the shadows, running, fleeing from those that had known about his secret but it wasn't like this.