(22)Therapy

Seeing her ex-client's daughter walking towards her brought a warm, fuzzy feeling into Jennie's heart. It was such a relief, getting everything out into the open three days ago. Although she wasn't exactly shy when it came to getting herself a girlfriend, it had been some time since she had one and being out of practice led to some uncertainty.

While there had been signs and a certain amount of body language that pointed in the direction she thought Lisa swung, she couldn't be completely sure. And then there was also the huge obstacle wedged between them since she was working as Lisa's bodyguard. She was highly aware of how misleading it could be when she was in such a position and it went against everything she stood for a bodyguard. Quite akin to a teacher dating a student in some ways-the more commonly debated example when it came to controversial romance.

But even though she tried her best to enforce the wall of professional distance between Lisa and herself, it had become increasingly harder to stop herself from admiring the person she was supposed to protect. And her reasons for protecting Lisa had become a little more complicated as well. Altogether, a recipe for a workplace disaster.

It was inevitable. And her contract with Mr. Manoban was slated to run out soon anyway. Which was quite convenient in that sense. But it didn't make meeting Lisa in the café any easier. It didn't make confessing any less nerve wrecking either. The question had to be asked and if her gut feeling had been wrong, it would have been terribly awkward.

Fortunately for her, Lisa's answer-or answering question-had told her everything she wanted to know and wished to hear. She was happy, simply put. Happy to have Lisa's hand in hers. Happy when Lisa let her kiss her hand. Happy when Lisa agreed to see the counsellor.

"Hi," she said when Lisa drew closer. Wearing a smile, she held her hand out for Lisa and her heart was glad when Lisa took it easily, as though it were the most natural thing to do. "Dr Song Mino is waiting."

"Song Mino?" Lisa resisted with a tug of her hand. "He's a guy?"

"Yes, it's a 'he' but don't worry, he's very good."

"I'm trusting you on this."

Jennie smiled at Lisa's frown. "Yes, you can trust me. If you don't think he's good after today's session, you can ask me for compensation."

Lisa's eyes sparkle with glee. "What kind of compensation?"

"Whatever you can think of."

"Really?"

Jennie nodded. "I'm that confident in my recommendation."

"Hmpf. We shall see."

¤¤¤

Jennie had to wait outside the doctor's office while Lisa was having her first session with Dr Mino. After some time, a conversation started with the girl handling the reception. They chatted about random things like music and good places to eat in the vicinity of the counsellor's office. At one point, the girl had some problems with her computer's internet connection so Jennie tried to help. She was benting over the keyboard beside the girl and in the middle of troubleshooting when the door opened. Looking up, Jennie met Lisa's eyes and she straightened up. A spark of something flared in the woman's eyes but Jennie wasn't sure what it was.

"How was the session?" she asked Lisa as she rounded the table.

Dr Mino stepped out and joined them. "It was a good opening session with Lisa. I'll see her back here next week."

"That's just your side of it, Dr Mino," Jennie countered with a smile. Turning back to Lisa, she asked again, "Was it good for you?"

"Good. It was good. But looks like it's even better for you."