Maybe it was time to move on from the things that occurred to their seventeen-eighteen year old selfs. Tina had been sure she'd long left it all to be forgotten, making sure to only remember the good moments. So why was she so worked up all of a sudden? How come they acted so comfortably in person but one text was sending her into a spiral?

When she'd finally made it to bed she acknowledged it was now too late in the night to answer. Staring up at the ceiling Tina let out a tired yawn before turning to the side and curling up. Tomorrow she'd answer, something short and polite. Maybe he just wanted her to have his number again in case she ever had car problems during her time back home.

After all this time he couldn't possibly- Tina covered her face with her hands feeling it warm up again "god no." she whispered to herself knowing how far fetched her thoughts were becoming. Turning off the bedside lamp she set an alarm and hid under the covers hoping a goodnights sleep would make her forget.

When Linda walked into the kitchen that morning she curiously watched Tina humming along to a song while she served herself a cup of coffee only to stop everything the moment her phone buzzed. Her daughter's blue eyes sparkled as she wore a giddy smile, Linda was at a loss for words. How long had it been since she'd seen any of her kids so...excited? She wasn't oblivious but it was still surprising, her daughter hadn't been this expressive since she was an awkward thirteen year old.

Practicing self-restraint Linda briskly walked over to the cabinet and picked out her mug. While pouring herself some coffee she let out an audible sigh causing Tina's head to perk up, her eyes adjusting to her surroundings after having spent so long staring at words "Oh- good morning mom." she smiled as Linda took out the toaster to heat up some waffles "Surprised your father hasn't come knocking down everyone's doors yet." she sipped on her drink and pushed the lever down turning the timer on.

Leaning against the fridge Tina checked the time, it wasn't even eight yet "I should probably take advantage of the bathroom." she finished her coffee and gave her mom a peck on the cheek. Linda rubbed her shoulder "Get some rest after, don't think I didn't notice you haven't gotten any sleep." she scolded watching her turn into the hallway.

Truthfully Tina had spent most of the night on the phone with Zeke. The morning after the text she finally responded only to be surprised when he continued the conversation. For the past four days the two had been texting, calling, and leaving voice notes. Just when she thought the conversation would dry out Zeke always had something exciting to bring up. Tina kept asking herself when he'd eventually get bored of her but then he'd laugh at one of her jokes or patiently listen to her rants and suddenly any doubt washed away.

Grabbing a fresh towel she entered the bathroom and groaned when she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. The bags under her eyes were beginning to grow dark and she was in urgent need of a facemask. Taking a long shower she came out feeling refreshed and less achy than before.

Just outside she heard her sister's complaining, their father must have woken up already she guessed taking note to make a stealthy exit back to her bedroom. Atop the dresser her phone was playing some music while she laid out possible outfits. Louise had slowly reverted back to her usual self but now she was overly enthusiastic about anything that would keep her away from her phone for any given amount of time. Of course their dad was glad for the help.

On the other hand Gene had become fidgety and he was spending much more time out with his boyfriend. Tina had brushed it aside, they were probably still adjusting to the new distance. She wondered if she'd ever felt like that about someone. Her phone buzzed and her cheeks flushed. No, not yet she thought picking out some jeans.

By the time Gene came knocking at her door Tina had settled on a breezy short sleeve button up, some mom jeans, and a pair of brown birkenstocks she'd left behind during her last visit. The sandals had been safely tucked away in her closet but during one of her mother's cleaning voyages they had been placed out next to the desk.