Helping Hands

The next morning she was taking a bath because it was much easier than taking a shower with how her hand was wrapped up in a cast. She knew she was going to have issues washing her hair though but they'd helped her at the hospital before she left and it was currently up in a braided bun so it could also wait for a bit. She'd either get Rika to help or go to a salon down the street where she'd been a ton of times when she was too lazy to do it herself. Besides, she felt like she could use a trim after everything that had happened. The door opened and Jamie walked in. She gasped in surprise and kind of curled up then wondered why she was doing that. Not only had he already seen her naked but they'd had sex. Fuck that had been some amazing sex. She wondered how the hell she was supposed to segue back into that because even as tired as she had been she wanted him badly, but she also didn't want to push him into it either. Everyone processed trauma differently.

"Sorry, probably should have knocked." He said, rubbing sleep from his eyes. They had ended up sleeping in the same bed, which hadn't initially been the plan but it hadn't felt right to send him into the guest room either. Not that it would have worked seeing as how she was sure Rika and Joseph were in there and they definitely were not being quiet about it.

"I forgive you, it's not that big of a deal." She said and went back to relaxing. He walked over to the toilet which was in an alcove across the room and started to take a piss. That didn't really bother her either. She'd had to help him with that on a few occasions when he couldn't even get up with how sick he was. She was kind of surprised he was just okay with it now but it wasn't something she was going to mention. "Did you sleep well?"

"Better than I have in weeks." He said and finished up to head over to the sink, "You?"

"Same." She said, "It was so weird not sleeping in a bed with you after all that had happened. Maybe we're just stuck together now."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Mmm, I wouldn't say so." She smiled and sunk down more into the tub.

"Then maybe I can ask you a little favor." He said, grabbing one of the spare toothbrushes that had been delivered the evening before with the order that she'd placed. "I'd like you to go to me with an interview and...be in the interview."

"What?" She asked, "And why do you think this is a good idea?"

"It wasn't really my idea necessarily." He said, "I'm going to have to do interviews for it anyway, just to shut people up. I figure you could do the same. Kill two birds with one stone. It's for the Today Show so a lot of people will see it and then you can just go back to life."

"Are we going to say we are dating?" She asked.

"Whatever you want me to say I'll say that, love." He replied and started brushing his teeth. She wasn't opposed to telling people that they were a thing but she still hadn't also explained that part of it to Anders. Though she had talked to him, a lot, she kept making excuses as to why she didn't want to come over and she could tell he was getting suspicious about it as well. In fact, just as she was thinking about that there was a knock at the bathroom door.

Introducing: