Delayed Reactions

"There's a guy staring at you right now, from behind. Weird hat." Rika said to her, but she was speaking in Japanese. Which was normal since she was in Tokyo. What wasn't normal was that she was speaking in English herself and she was white. She supposed that would make anyone look over in that direction. Though she was fluent in Japanese she didn't want people around her to understand her side of the conversation even if her friend refused to do her the same courtesy.

"What constitutes as a weird hat?" She asked softly. They were utilizing FaceTime because she was in an airport waiting for a flight that kept getting delayed due to weather conditions.

"Well he's also white so that might help you pick him out of a crowd." Rika replied. She sighed and turned around casually, trying to get a glimpse of whatever her friend was talking about, but she didn't expect to see much. Not even a weird hat. Except, she was surprised to see that Rika wasn't just being suspicious for once and a guy who met that description was staring at her from another table in the restaurant where she was eating. She wouldn't have said the same about his hat even if he was wearing one. The only problem was that in her casual glance she made eye contact with him and he noticed that she noticed him so she quickly turned back.

"Shit he saw me, now what do I do?"

"Oh no you might have to interact with the public and a guy who speaks English. What ever will you do?" Rika replied sarcastically. She rolled her eyes and set the phone down but didn't disconnect the call. It was just easier that way since she knew that it would probably be a quick encounter and that her friend was going to want to know all about it anyway. By that point the man was approaching. He was very tall, thin, and she guessed handsome in a scruffy sort of way. Not really the type she'd normally be interested in though.

"I'm so sorry, I really don't ever do anything like this but are you...Leila Dawson?" He asked, his voice not only far deeper than she expected for his slender frame but he was very British. Almost painfully so.

"Yes, but I don't give autographs for legal reasons and I prefer not to do selfies because I'm just a...I like my privacy but I'll be happy to shake your hand and buy you a drink." She replied quickly. That usually was the easiest way to get rid of someone who recognized her. Though it didn't happen often because as she got older the media found her less and less interesting that didn't mean it never happened. It was even less likely when she was in Japan because typically Japanese people ignored her or preferred not to approach or even recognize when she spoke Japanese to them. This guy, of course, wouldn't be following those rules.

"Let me see him I know that voice!" Rika shouted from the phone. She reached over and quickly put her hand on top of it trying to muffle the sound wishing she had muted the call before attempting to talk to the guy.

"No I don't want any of that I just, I...I never thought I'd see you in person." The man said, "Sorry, my name is Jamie."

"Holy fuck that is Jamie Campbell Bower I'd know that voice anywhere!" Rika continued, the only thing not being in Japanese was his name but she said it really fast and it was kind of obscured by her accent so she could only hope this Jamie didn't hear that. Especially if it wasn't a correct identification.

"If you're busy I can-"

"Not at all." She said then grabbed the phone and hung up on Rika. "Anyway-"

"Did she say Jamie Campbell Bower? Not that it's any of my business." He interrupted.

"Yes, that's what she said, and it's fine she made it your business by being loud. Sometimes she doesn't have volume control." She laughed a bit nervously because maybe Rika knew this guy from somewhere or something but she didn't have a clue who he was. She was pretty sure she'd never seen him a day in her life and she definitely didn't recognize the name. "Is that you?"