Change for the Better

(Kevin)

"So can you explain to me what's going on again?"

I looked up at Double Dee and sat up from his bed.

"Well, Double Dork-"

"Uh. The correction is Eddward, Edd, or Double Dee.", Edd explained, rolling his eyes.

"Anyways, Double Dork.", I said, looking to see him run his temples before paying attention. "You said, or Dorky said, that we were going to work together. And we are going to do just that.", I gave him a reassuring smile, telling him that I'm sticking to my word.

He thought for a moment before smiling that ador- gapped tooth grin. "You know,", Double Dee said, looking at his notes. "you've changed. A lot recently, but I think it's for the better."

My face flushed. I... guess I really did change... "Y-you think so?"

"I know so.", He said, twirling a pencil labeled 'planning pencil' around his fingers. He dropped it saying, "Oops! My apologies!".

I bent down to reach it, but Edd reached in too, making our heads bump painfully. I rubbed my head.

Lost a few brain cells just then. If I had any.

"Ow...", I looked over at Edd, who was running his forehead. "God... my head feels like shit...!", Edd quickly covered his mouth, me doing the same.

H-he... cussed? He never does that!

"Oh dear! I am so sorry for you to hear my crude language!", He hid under his striped beanie, shaking like a scared child.

I'd have to admit that was adorable.

"Heh.", I laughed. "Guess you've changed too. And that's a good one for me."

I took Edd and sat him on the bed with me, and I hugged him, to let him know it was alright, but when I did that, I felt something new.

It was like a shock of electricity, not painful, but like a tingling sensation. It flowed through my body, and I'm guessing Edd felt it too, since he lifted his beanie over his eyes, looking at me and me looking back.

I smiled and hugged him tighter, closing my eyes.

"You know... We didn't get any work done, right?", Double Dee said, muffled by my sweater.

"It's fine."

"Double Dee?"

We both looked at the door to see a tall Ed at the doorway. "Sorry, but it's almost bedtime!", He smiled before running off again.

"My word! I almost forgot!", Edd said, putting away his stuff in a timely manner. "I bet you have to go, too! I'm sorry."

"Hey", I began. "It's no biggie."

"Well I guess it's goodnight."

"Night.", I said before doing something unpredictable.

I kissed him on the forehead.
But it didn't feel weird at all, and I felt the shock that happened when I hugged him, but this was stronger.

"S-sorry!"

I ran off, face red. I felt my lips.

This isn't right...
Why did I do that?
Why did I enjoy that?
Am I gay?

Do I really have feelings for Double Dork?

No!
It couldn't be true

...Right?